Review by Sanyesto -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Review by Sanyesto -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sanyesto »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 is the second book of the Bad Boy Vibes series by H.M. Irwing. This book falls under the romance category. Being book two of the earlier mentioned series, it definitely picks up from where the writer left in the Heartaches 1 novel. Anna Simmons and Rafael Luis Brown are lovers whom their dark past is what keeps them together. They met each other at the military college, in Australia.

The book is introduced with the nightmares that are haunting Rafe. Rafe is traumatized by what Eric Dayton had done to him. Eric Dayton was the commander of his unit, his rapist, lover, and abuser as well. Anna, whose love only belongs to Rafe now and forever will, decides that they have to sought issues with Eric once and for all. She organizes a fight between Rafe and Erick with the hopes that Rafe will finally get the revenge he deserves from Eric. However, Anna too has her own fight in dealing with her own rapists, the Prestons. The events that follow later in the book are full of surprises that will keep you wanting to know the fate of these two lovers, who had one thing in common, being misused by people whom they thought loved them. Will they ever get the peace and justice they are longing for?

Organized in thirteen chapters, this book will keep you engaged from start to the end. The language used is composed making the book easy to understand. I love the way the author explains the horrifying events that led both Anna and Rafe to their current situation. With this, I was able to become familiarized with both Anna and Rafe very quickly. I loved the numerous and abrupt surprises along the plot of this story. The author kept proving me wrong with my guesses every other time but this is what made me enjoy the book even more.

The detailed explanations of the events in the book made it look more real. The recurring shifting of moods in the story was clear. I was able to feel how both Anna and Rafe felt throughout the story. In both their ups and downs, I was there with them. Anna proved to be toughened with her past and was no longer vulnerable, contrary to what the Preston still thought of her. She is a strong woman and more assertive than ever. Whatever she stands for is what she will try all her best to make sure it happens. An example of this seen when she is very determined to persuade Pat, her best friend, to come and tell his conservative parents about his sexual orientation. She even made a step further by accompanying Pat to his parents’ home to break the news.

Very few grammatical errors were detected which can be overlooked. I hereby, with no doubt, give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Sexual scenes are throughout the novel hence this book is not fit to the young readers. I would recommend this book to any adult fond of romance stories filled with dark past and very numerous surprising turn of events. Some themes in the book such as homosexuality may be uncomfortable to other readers hence caution should be taken when choosing this book.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sanyesto's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I am glad you enjoyed the book. Thank you for your review.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Mouricia25 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 21:26 I am glad you enjoyed the book. Thank you for your review.
It is very interesting, hope you've read it too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”