Review by zilipendwa -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by zilipendwa -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by zilipendwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rob White’s book, And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus I’ve Met, is such a thrilling and captivating piece of writing that will definitely have to put any reader at the edge of his seat. This book falls under the genre of non-fiction works. It is in fact an autobiography that narrates Mr. White’s life. This is a very motivational book that will totally inspire readers thus sowing the seeds of hope to the hopeless people. As I read it, I felt as if I am listening to a professional motivational speaker.

Like most people, Rob White grew up in a little town. This town has a two factories that employ a good number of the residents enabling them to put something on their tables. Like most people, it was expected that after finishing his high school studies, Mr. White would acquire a job from either of the two factories, tie the knot, sire children and live a simple life like most people in this town. Rob White on the other hand is very ambitious as he is much determined to go to college. Readers will have a lot of lessons to learn from the author’s days as a college student, his employment as a teacher and finally during his investment as a real estate developer.

This book is very crucial, endowed with a lot of information, motivational and professionally written and edited. Before reading And Then I Met Margaret, I had previously read some inspirational books on life and general excellence but I found this book to be much unique from all these books. Perhaps this has been made possible by the fact that it is realistic and touches more on the author’s life experiences. This ensures that this book is such a perfect memoir. I liked Mr. White’s optimism as this is the major driving force that makes him to succeed where his colleagues had earlier on stumbled and failed.

I would encourage people to look at life from the positive side just like the author does. I believe that optimism opens an array of opportunities to people while pessimism hinders progress. It is interesting to learn that the author’s experiences are not much different from our everyday experiences. The author for instance does part time jobs during his days in college, he fails terribly in business a child dupes him by asking him a very silly question. These are common life experiences that every Tom, Dick and Harry can have but the author reaps success from these everyday experiences.

This book is perfectly written and fully edited. I failed to come across any error. The author makes this book very interesting by infusion of humor that will leave readers bursting out in laughter. I tend to believe that Mr. White must be such a funny and a witty person. I would like to prescribe this book to all readers since it overflows with lessons that will equip you with several life skills to enable you thrive in this cruel world that we are living in. Moreover, readers will be in a position to tap a lot of lessons from the “ordinary gurus’’ that they come across each and every day. I happily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like zilipendwa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”