Review by Radevng -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Radevng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radevng.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by Radevng -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Radevng »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And then I met Margaret is not just one of those non-fictional books. It is a classic autobiography of a man who has journeyed through life, and living largely as a victor because his view to life. As a young boy, he steadily grew by adopting an open mind and willingness to learn and get better from every situation life throws at him.

Starting life from a relatively small mill town in Massachusetts and in the midst of traditions and myth, this book reveals how the author practically became a refinery of ideas from varying sources, and processed them into some of the beautiful principles of life on which good success can be built. The author wrote in a unique consistent style through the chapters: first highlighting the raw material – myths and unrefined ideas, and closing each chapter with a more refined principle of life.

As motivational as this book is, it is not so particularly religion-biased, or too insisting as some other self-help books. The author carefully nailed the point of transforming not just his own world through those life experiences, but also being a positive influence for other lives – and this song was chorused consistently in the background of every narration in the book. This autobiography certainly will be like one of the evergreen references for purposeful living for some more generation to come.

“Stories of personal transformation”, the author calls them. With a carefully selected and precise choice of words, the author engaged my mind, so much so that I am able to draw essential life lessons from those accounts without hassle. For me, I personally learnt how I can transform the seeming world without form or shape around me into a paradise beautiful for other lives to thrive on. Is not that what life really should be all about after all – impacting lives? Another account in the book quite touching was from his interaction with Rose Kennedy when he was a student working at a lavish party: "If it is to be, it is up to me." Truth be told, each person has got to have faith in himself, defy the odds and reach out for the big dream.

I find it hard myself to point out typos or any other publishing mishaps; kudos to the author, publisher and all involved in turning out this beautiful piece. I sincerely recommend this book to all and sundry. It is fun yet uplifting, desirable to read over and over again. I therefore rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Radevng's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”