Review by sanjus -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by sanjus -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is my review about the book Health Tips, Myths, And Tricks by Morton E. Tavel, M.D. This book intends to shed light upon the reality behind various kinds of myths about health and to debunk those myths. The book is nicely compiled into sixty chapters, so that each of those myths is detailed separately. This kind of compilation make this book to resemble to a catalog, so one can quickly jump to his requirement of information using the index. All sixty chapters in this book contain almost all health issues of the present day generation and also about health issues that are in limelight.

The author puts forth several recorded evidences in support of his advice about the reality of each myth like health boosting programs. The evidences included the clinical trials of the people who were following those myths and also the effects found on their body and their health. The author also cites here the instances, where several people faced many of the health problems after they consumed dietary supplements, medical supplements, or anti-aging supplements which were available over the counter without medical prescription. Moreover these supplements are advertised on several television shows by popular celebrities by giving some bogus claims of its usefulness, and may be they never tried it for themselves.

On a positive note, the author helps the readers from saving their money on the medical diagnostics tests that are not at all necessary, whereas those tests are recommended by certain agencies or beneficiaries through advertisements to make money. As the name of the book suggests, this book can easily burst out at least some of the myths of the readers, which can help the readers with proper guidance to take decisions on their health and diet.

The author warns that the sodium is responsible for high blood pressure and it sneaks into the body by eating fast food or a junk food. These foods are also stuffed with trans-fats and refined sugars which are harmful to health. There are separate chapters dedicated to heavy metal poisoning and highly advertised weight loss programs that make the participants to live on a very lean diet which causes weakness in their bodies instead of wellness.

I am very much happy about this book as it has negligible grammatical errors and no spelling mistakes. Moreover this book busted out some of my myths about health and diet. Hence I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend this book for everyone to read.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sanjus's review? Post a comment saying so!
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This sounds like an amazing book to read. It contains all truths about your health and how to manage it. I am hoping to read this book for the future as I am sure it will be beneficial to me. Thank you for your very insightful review.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

This sounds like a unique, detailed, and practical read that may have health information I've never come across. Thanks for the recommendation!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Thanks for your review. The book sound really useful and well organised.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I've reviewed this one myself and recognise that, as you say, it has much to recommend it. I'm glad you found it helpful.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

This sounds like exactly the kind of practical book everyone should read in the Internet age. There are too many myths our there posing as fact. Thanks for the recommendation.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by zilipendwa »

I always shy off from reading this book but now you have encouraged me to give it a try.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

This book has a lot of information. I will take your recommendation and find a place for it on my shelves. Thanks for your review!
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I read this book and I must say it clarified a lot of things for me with scientifically based research. Nice review!
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

Sounds like an interesting book, and I appreciate the reviewer mentioning how it's broken down into chapters about each myth.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

While I like the idea of this book, I've already read the sample, and it was just too dry for me, so I don't want to read the whole thing. I'm truly glad that you enjoyed it, though.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a book that everybody must have on their bookshelves.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

This sounds like a book that I would go to if I wanted advice when I feel sick. Definitely interesting to read. Great review!
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Junk foods are one of the biggest problems of modern era. The myths related to foods are making people opt for fast foods and aslo they are destroying their own health. You wrote a great review. I wish you good luck.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

I already read the book. Indeed, there are a lot of things you can learn from this book. Thank you for this review. God bless.
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”