Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- The last Assassination

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tety
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- The last Assassination

Post by Tety »

Terrorist attacks and political espionage it's occurring everywhere in the world and that's the story line behind this book.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

It is good to know that the author has done a great job developing the characters. Thanks for the review. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 review.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Another interesting read being pointed our way! Great and well-written review. This is the kind of read that can make one a pseudo CNN analyst (just kidding). Seriously though, this kind of read an get one up to speed with the Middle East and World politics, I am in. Congrats to the author on #BOTD
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

Thank you for your review :) I'm curious to find out the why behind the action of the bombing. It's great that there is character development instead of just being plot driven as a lot of action novels are. The political intrigue you've spoken of has put this book on my 'to read' shelf.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I like to read action thrillers. I'm not so sure about politics, though. It's good that the book reviewer also mentioned interesting characters I can look forward to.
srensch1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srensch1.html
Latest Review: A Second, Less Capable Head by James Hanna

Post by srensch1 »

The review did not help much, but the sample convinced this book is worth reading. It is now on my read list.
lexiskill
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexiskill.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by lexiskill »

Based on your review and the first few chapters that I have read, this seems like a very detailed book with many different, complex characters. While politics is typical not my favorite theme to read about, Doucette drew me in from the beginning by setting up two characters with similar tasks but very different backgrounds. Thank you for the great review!
Mycin
Currently Reading: The Everything Guide to Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mycin.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mycin »

It's interesting taking on different mindsets, especially something is normally seen as bad. Based on the sample, it doesn't seem to be something for me, but definitely a nice take by the author.
sskrout
Favorite Book: The Faith of Helen Keller
Currently Reading: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Bookshelf Size: 56871
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sskrout »

"The Last Assassination" sounds like a compelling and timely read, dealing with international politics, deep state reprisals, terrorism and negotiations. I would certainly be willing to read this book-- the couple of chapters I read in the free sample had me intrigued not only about the Assassin, but also about Lt. Plotkin.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

Another political thriller that's BOTD that I have to pass. Great review though.
Erika Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erika-thomas.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Erika Thomas »

This review was excellent! It definitely made me want to read The Last Assassination, despite the fact that I would normally not pick this type of book off the shelf. The position of the assassin as well as the people who are behind the bombing of the hospital seem like plot-lines that I would enjoy following. I enjoy the mystery aspect of this thriller.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this was interesting story with well developed characters. While the theme seems relevant today in Middle East, the book does well to show that there are more than one side to every story. Well Done.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

Here comes another intriguing, action packed political thriller. Reminds me of the movie 'Criminal Minds'. The reader becomes a kind of detective connecting clues to the assassin.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
JessicaAbernathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JessicaAbernathy »

The review is enhances my desire to read the book. I wholeheartedly agree that it is fast paced and intriguing. I find it more stimulating that, according to the review, we will see into the assassin's soul. You gave it a 4 out of 4. I am curious about any inconsistencies in style. There was a significant difference in the writing from the first chapter to the next. Thanks for your review.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

A very interesting and explosive plot; very relevant to this time, what with all the bombings and terrorist attacks around the world. Fans of suspense genre will surely enjoy this one!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”