Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- The last Assassination

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ibinabokari
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- The last Assassination

Post by ibinabokari »

This is an awesome political book review that also talks about the order of the day terrorism that as eaten into our system today and if I might grade it I may say give it like 3 stars
SummerWine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summerwine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by SummerWine »

Interesting review to read and so is the book by the sound of it. Thank you very much for the thorough review!
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

Stories that provide some background into the world political scene today are very helpful. Even though the subject is hard to deal with, this review was helpful and I will read the book.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The bombing of a hospital in Aleppo takes center stage in this war novel as the political leadership want to know more. The never ending action plus the well-edited book will make me want to read the novel. Nice review.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84

Post by Seamstress »

In my opinion, this book is a great example of almost forgotten nowadays art of quality literature. The author put much thought and development in everything, starting from plot and ending with characters. Sample just wasn't enough))
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

This suspenseful thriller seems really fascinating. I like that it dwells on politics.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Thank you for the review! I read the sample, and I was unsure if it was a book I wanted to try. Now I think I will pick it up.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the free excerpt! This book seems like a lot of fun. Hopefully, I will finish it one day...
ebook_addictsuk
Currently Reading: Through the Nethergate
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by ebook_addictsuk »

The free sample was a really interesting read. I will add it to my reading list for next year as it sounds heavy going despite it being a fast paced read. Need some happy books just now.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The Last Assassination by James E. Doucette is a conspiracy within a conspiracy; secrets within secrets. It promises a shocking reveal about those behind the plot to hack a US military drone and make it bomb a Doctors without Borders hospital in Syria. Mr. Doucette feels right at home with writing fiction based on current events. Reviewer ReyvrexQuestor Reyes writes: "Our knowledge of world history and current affairs would serve us well in piecing up the story." He lauds the book as action-packed and fast-paced. He enjoys the well-developed characters and Doucette's ability to illustrate what happens inside the White House during a crisis. It's also great to know that it has a significant female character in Amanda, a high-level negotiator. I'm looking forward to reading the book.
RaeReads
Favorite Book: A Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by RaeReads »

I'm always fascinated by the "bad guy" with a "good heart". Although merely having a family doesn't make the Philip character a good hearted guy, there must be a softer side to him if he is wanting to retire and live a normal life. Redemption arcs are always interesting to me. As well as all the political intrigue, the characters strike me as well developed and the book definitely appeals to me. Thanks for the awesome review, I'm looking forward to reading this one :)
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. " - George R.R. Martin
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Thanks for your thorough review. I was interested in reading this book after I read the brief summary and sample pages on Amazon. After reading your review, I will definitely include this book to my "want to read" shelf for further review. I enjoy a good mystery/suspense novel and look forward to reading more about the bombing of the hospital in Syria. With enemies around the world, it is no wonder the US is blamed for this situation. I can't wait to uncover the plot behind the bombing and who is the real perpetrator(s) of this crime. A little espionage in a political arena can make for a great read.
Jude Uwaje
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-uwaje.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jude Uwaje »

Good book. The beginning of the story was a little confusing but it played at well the end. Very informative and relatable-present situations.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

Given our current global climate, it might be theorized that this book could be read as a primer of sorts. The covert operation ordered, yet unclaimed that leading to theories of hacking seems ripped from the headlines. This novel of secrecy is the suspense, political thriller that terrifyingly accurate in its depiction, which is a compliment to the author while fearsome to the reader.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Thank you for posting such a thoughtful review. Personally, I found some of the writing to be a bit redundant, so I am shocked by the 4/4 stars. However, I did not read the entire book, so I now suspect that the story was great enough to balance out the redundant writing and engage a reader that in't distracted by such things. I will consider giving this book another chance based on your praise of the action and character development.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”