Review by Leo Visoruya -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leo Visoruya
Favorite Author: Neil Gaiman
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leo-visoruya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 3586

Review by Leo Visoruya -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Leo Visoruya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The roadmap to the end of days by Daniel Friedmann ,book review.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4.This book is about how the Bible fits in real world history and by looking at it the right way ,we can foretell future events and the end of days itself .Or as the title says "Demystifying Biblical Messianic Prophecy That Explains the Past and Present and Holds the Secret to the World's Future".

it's good at placing things in order without obvious or too much nitpicking and forced connections .It's associations can be seen as far fetched but I think that's up to the readers views,perspectives and beliefs.

I didn't give it a 2 because the content itself is good and well put together and the metaphors are well used aswell, it takes his thoughts, views and 'lessons' and highlights it more.

But..I didn't give it a perfect score because although the content was good ,the 'writing style' gives it a 'textbook or average' feel,I felt like I was reading a textbook rather than a nonfiction book.But of course it didn't promise a clever and unique writing style but it doesn't feel as good, reading it as I expected it to be .But it doesn't also commit mistakes like typos and grammatical errors and even takes it's time to explain a word that was intentionally spelt a certain way and says that it wasn't misspelt at the first place.

The book did it's best to stay logical and follow its own set diagrams ,patterns and follow it's own rules that makes sense ,rather than picking certain stories or events and putting them together and saying "they go together,that's proof!" .It didn't appear as nitpicky to me like other similar books that are trying to integrate or connect religions or myths to real life events and history .It just does such a good job at placing things in their places.

I think the book would appeal mostly to people who want to try and understand the metaphorical or nonmetaphorical verses in the bible ,how it relates to the past and how it relates to now and of course how(if it even can) can foretell the future .I can also see atheist and skeptics picking up this book to see if it can actually connect things together and if it can actually demistefy the bible and it's prophecies as promised.

The book wasn't as thought provoking as I assumed.I assumed I would be doing a lot Of, if not some pauses here and there to think about it,but all I can realy did while reading was to nod in agreement or nod in disagreement.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Leo Visoruya's review? Post a comment saying so!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

I have recently read this book too! I agree with your thoughts on the writing style - often it felt rather textbook like. I also liked the order that the book followed and thought it tried to follow a logical pattern. I don't think I will read a book in this genre for a while because I found it difficult to read at times. Thank you for sharing your opinion - I enjoyed reading your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”