Review by love my books -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
love my books
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-my-books.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Review by love my books -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by love my books »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit
By: William H. Coles
Publisher: Author House
Pages: 316

Darwin Hastings is a seventeen-year-old that lived with his aunt after his parents were killed in an automobile accident. She could no longer take care of him given that she lost her lower left leg to diabetes and had to go into a nursing home for assisted living. She sends him from Pittsburgh to New York to a new guardian, a famous wealthy football player Luther Pinnelli.

Darwin boarded the plan and the flight attendant showed him to his window seat in the fifth row. In a very short period of time, an older woman with dull grey hair pulled into a bun leaned over from the aisle and told Darwin that she wanted the window seat. Darwin said his ticket says he had the window seat. The woman insisted that he step out and give her the window seat. The woman called the stewardess to settle the problem. The stewardess asked Darwin if he wouldn’t mind switching seats. Darwin reluctantly moved to the middle seat.

A man in a grey suit had the aisle seat. This is when Darwin first meets Dr. Malverne. He told him that he was an orthopedic doctor. They struck up a conversation. Darwin told Dr. Malverne that he intended to become a doctor stating that his late father was an internist. When the plane landed, Dr. Malverne handed him his card and told him that if he could help him in any way to call him. Dr. Malverne lived in the Hamptons with his wife and daughters Helen and Coral they didn’t live far from Luther, just up the way. Later on, Dr. Malverne becomes a big part of Darwin’s life.

Darwin arrives at Luther’s mansion and is met by Mrs. Thomas, the house manager. Luther was not home when he arrived. She shows him to his room that used to be the utility room. Darwin sees an empty room except for a rolled up air mattress, an air pump to inflate the mattress, a stack of folded faded linens, and a blanket. This is not what he expected. He anticipated finding the love he knew with his parents before they died. His parents had left him a sizable trust fund to pay for his care and education. Unfortunately, Luther was the trustee.

But in his new home of celebrities, crooks, unreliable guardian, and excessively wealthy deviants, both lust and want frustrated his search for love. In his quest to become a doctor, the profit motivation of health care and deficient morality in scientific discovery makes him question his dedication to medicine. Does he find everlasting love and become a doctor? You will have to read the book to find out.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I felt it was well written and kept my attention throughout my reading. I found Guardian of Deceit interesting and original as William Coles can write. There are plenty of twists and turns and the plot thickens as you read on. This is a book that is hard to put down. I recommend this book; it's worth spending your money on.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like love my books's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”