Review by ReviewsbyElena -- Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewsbyElena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewsbyelena.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by ReviewsbyElena -- Twisted Threads

Post by ReviewsbyElena »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kaylin McFadden has created another masterpiece of literary entertainment with her latest novel " Twisted Threads" Book #4.
She transports the reader to a world of intrigue, passion and adventure while sailing through the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic ocean and its exotic scenery.

Akira is an extremely beautiful trained assassin from Japan, who boards the Stargazer, a luxurious and magnificent cruise ship that will bring her and the other passengers through an thrilling adventure in the Caribbean. Her mission is to complete what she believes to be her last assignment before she is set free by the ferocious team of gangsters who stole her freedom and forced her to work for them. Amidst threads of skilful preparation to complete her task, romance and eroticism, the author leaves nothing to the imagination when it comes to ignite the scene of the game with her cruise lover Devon.

The start of the novel is very clear in what the author wants to establish; what is right and what needs to be punished. The pacing of the plot is adequate and balanced. The reader is drawn to the events with a skilful description of the facts and at the right time.

This book is the perfect companion for a relaxing holiday, reeling in the reader towards a world of fascinating characters and the mystery of the opulent cruise ship that resembles a "floating museum".

Reading this book was like watching a movie. The characters and the location  of the events where so detailed that one could see the scene unfolding in front of one's eyes. The description of the views ignites the imagination to the point that reading the next page is like being transported right where the events are taking place.

This book is dotted with beautiful landscapes scenes and I found the tour in the Bahamas particularly refreshing, where a short but interesting description of the main island transported my imagination to the blue Caribbean sea.

McFadden creates an atmosphere of suspense and terror as the story approaches its highest peak. The brutality of Yuki, the evil character who wants to take revenge on Akira is described in all its power, bringing the reader closer into the scene showing what could hide  behind the appearance of a gentle and seductive character.

I really liked the grand finale as the emotions stirred by the author's skilful style let to what I was hoping to be the conclusion to a romantic, passionate but thrilling chain of events.

I would give this book 4 out of 4 for the colourful plot and the skilful description of its characters. I never felt bored or lost. I never thought I had to go back a few pages to make sure I wasn't missing something. Everything was clear and easy to follow. There are virtually no spelling errors and although It's the fourth book of the series it can be read as a stand-alone novel.

Entertaing, intriguing, sexy, relaxing.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ReviewsbyElena's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”