Review by Ayomaamianda -- Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ayomaamianda
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomaamianda.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Ayomaamianda -- Twisted Threads

Post by Ayomaamianda » 01 Jun 2018, 12:09

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads by Kaylin Mcfarren

A couple becomes an assassin's target after the murder of Mitsui's sister. Akira Hamada now a trained assassin is the one given the assignment of identifying the murderer and kill the person. Akira is determined to complete this assignment as this is the only way out to her freedom.

Mitsui San had destroyed Akira's lover two years ago and forced her to become an assassin. At least she is driven by past failure to kill her greatest enemy Mitsui. She had to board a Caribbean cruise ship with the Mitsui San's sister murderer. Once on board she quickly kindles a romance with Devon, the nephew of the British couple who are her target. Devon had accompanied his uncle and aunt to the cruise ship. She believes by building a relation with Devon will help her complete her assignment but the unthinkable happen. She ends up falling in love with Devon and trusting him. She knows for sure it is either Sara or Paul who had murdered Mitsui's sister but she is not certain who did it. Another passenger on board also has a murderous agenda and Akira may be in danger. This is a story of an adventure and love.

Akira being the central character is looking for a target but also redemption.
The story brings the themes of murder,revenge and family loyalty. Akira and Devon work together to resolve the mystery of unsolved murders on board while honoring the promises they have made to family members. As the title suggests the book is filled with twists that will keep the reader turning those pages from the beginning to the end. It is full of suspense that interest a reader. The motivation of secondary characters are master fully executed adding layers of suspense to the story. The story contains mystery plot with nice action and full of adventure. Even though it is a series book it can stand alone and still be an interesting one. The reader can still get the flow of the story without necessary having to read the previous books in the series. For these many reasons i will give it a rate of 4 out of 4.

Even though the story is an interesting one i was disappointed with the killer. This character was actually mentioned casually and i think the writer needed to portray him well. I think the character was not well developed a clear and deep description of him would give his character more meaning to the story.

The book contains sexy love scenes between Akira and Devon that add an erotic excitement to the novel. It is full of adventure and i recommend it to lovers of adventure and romantic suspense.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ayomaamianda's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”