Review by MomIsABookWorm -- The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MomIsABookWorm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momisabookworm.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Review by MomIsABookWorm -- The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by MomIsABookWorm »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Broadcast" by Liam Fialkov.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars .

THE BROADCAST is an excellent story that is captivating from the first page. I felt immediately sympathetic to the main character and her journey. I enjoyed the twists and turns throughout the story and I will admit that I shed more than a tear or two as Sarah fought to find her child. As a mother, this is a must read because it so eloquently addresses the bond between mother and child and the lengths a mother will go to in order to uncover the truth and find her child. As an Editor, this is a must read because it is a well-structured and organized story that discusses relevant themes.

Sarah fights against all odds to find her child. Through plots, intrigue, and deception she perseveres. The conflict carried me through the pages at a lightning pace. I had to know the final resolution. With each page, I became more attached to Sarah and her plight. I felt invested in the characters and their story. As an editor who reads books every single day, it's a challenge to get me invested in a character, let alone a plot.

This does have some elements that have been used before, but what story doesn't. Because of it's similar concept to other movies, I couldn't give it a full 4 star rating. Despite those similarities (you might remember a movie plot based around a certain character being televised without their knowledge) Liam Fialkov approaches the topic in a fresh way and one which should be read by all who want a story that will stir their emotions and make them want to turn the page because they have to know how it ends. Trust me, you might not expect this ending.

THE BROADCAST is an intellectual and thrilling ride from start to finish. I recommend this book to all who want to find something different but still holds a sense of familiarity. THE BROADCAST will make you feel something that we all should, a sense of connection. If more authors would discuss themes like those in THE BROADCAST, literature would be in a much better state than it currently is. If you're a fan of thrillers ala Stephen King or Michael Crichton then I have to say you need to add this book to your library. Liam Fialkov is one to add to your favorite authors list today.

"The Broadcast" by Liam Fialkov

The Broadcast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MomIsABookWorm's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

It's interesting how different people see different things in the same book. I read this one and I thought it was a rather interesting and unique idea. But I wasn't comparing it to the movie about someone being watched without their knowledge, because I didn't see that as the main focus here. Historic footage of a battle falls into a different category. Though I wondered how many people would really like to see a show that was so firmly based on history. The original crime idea seemed a better choice. I thought the idea was good but the execution was poor.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”