Review by Sarah Tariq -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Review by Sarah Tariq -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Cotwani wrote: โ†‘06 Jun 2018, 02:58 I keep hoping to read this book, but I'm yet to get there. Thanks for this insightful review. It has reminded of the saying 'education is what remains after one forgets all they learned in class.'
You are right. Thanks for your feedback.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I read and reviewed this book too and I gave it the same number of stars as you. I normally do not like self-help books but this one was distinct and I'm sure it will help a lot of people to find what they seek in life. Thanks for your review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

nikkyteewhy wrote: โ†‘14 Jun 2018, 19:26 I read and reviewed this book too and I gave it the same number of stars as you. I normally do not like self-help books but this one was distinct and I'm sure it will help a lot of people to find what they seek in life. Thanks for your review.
Thanks for your feedback.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘31 May 2018, 12:51
The overriding theme of this book is to discover the true meaning of life through learning from your mistakes or by getting guidance from the ordinary gurus which time to time come in your life. The author reminds us that we should be open-minded to absorb those teachings which can illuminate our lives with new hope.
I loved this sentence! I totally agree with this as well, since I think that being open-minded is one of the more important traits that one should have. Thanks for the amazing review!
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘08 Jun 2018, 23:32
alisonedgee wrote: โ†‘06 Jun 2018, 13:23 so awkward, i think iโ€™m the only person on this website who hates this book. glad you could take something away from it though. funnily enough, i think the title might be the only thing i liked. oh no.
Much interesting :D. Can I ask the reason for this? Usually such books offer same sort of stuff that one may dislike. Thanks for your interesting feedback.
honestly, the writer just came across as a self obsessed dick to me, it just seemed like he was bragging about all the things he has and the great travels he's been on. i wasn't enjoying it massively to begin with, then as that opinion formed of the guy, i think the rest of the book got tainted by my hatred. i feel a little bad, but hey, we can't help our opinions i guess.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I really enjoy reading this book, as I enjoy reading your review. This book is wonderful.
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘03 Jun 2018, 23:23
Brittany J wrote: โ†‘02 Jun 2018, 11:50 I enjoyed this book a lot too. I didn't particularly view it as a self-help book but more as inspirational story telling. I like the the author wasn't directly telling you what you should do. It felt very conversational to me. Nice review!
Yes, it's a very interesting book. The story telling way of the author never let you get bored.
Thanks for your feedback.
I agree with you. The author is a great orator. Even the stories that would have seemed boring came out interesting to read because of this skill.
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

onixpam wrote: โ†‘27 Jun 2018, 17:26 I really enjoy reading this book, as I enjoy reading your review. This book is wonderful.
Thank you so much for your feedback, onixpam. :)

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

This is not my genre hope it's great for the intended readers. Glad you liked it.
Thanks a lot for the review Sarahโ˜บ๐Ÿ˜Š
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I love self-help books and I love memoirs, so this may just be the book for me!
The overriding theme of this book is to discover the true meaning of life through learning from your mistakes or by getting guidance from the ordinary gurus which time to time come in your life. The author reminds us that we should be open-minded to absorb those teachings which can illuminate our lives with new hope.
These are excellent lessons to keep in mind.

Thanks for the great review.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€