Review by Dobbe1956+ -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dobbe1956+
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Tattered Box
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dobbe1956.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Dobbe1956+ -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Dobbe1956+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Health Tips, Myths, And Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel, M.D.is a fascinating read for everyone that is interested on a self taught health regimen. I have been into health most of my life but reading this book has guided me into seeing that some facts are not true and a much easier way of taking care of yourself. Dr. Tavel has introduced facts about health and, myths that have been around forever and, scheme artist that will take your money.

There are three categories with short chapters for an easy read. If you are looking for something in particular the chapters are the way to go and an easy find.You really won't want to skip around because reading it in its entirety is better and, then you can reference what you need after completion of the book. Health is the first topic with well written advice on eating better for a longer life. Wise advise and truly it is an easy way to live your life.

The first section on Tips, gives you the best advice on how eating naturally is the best way to go. Dr. Morton gives you a better understanding on how much better to eat natural foods verses processed foods that will only do damage to the body. There is a guide to healthy alternatives to Trans Fats. A very well written chapter on coffee and its benefits and, how caffeine can effect the body. Dr. Morton writes about a variety of natural foods that also do alternatives to the body as well as keeping the body healthy. Myths will let you know the conspiracy theories regarding your health. Vaccines is one, Energy drinks, genetically Modified Foods, Organics, and a lot more.

The third section of Tricks is quite informative on false cures, Snake oil, Dietary Supplements, Human Growth Hormone, and an abundance of other categories that keep your interest and you won't want to put the book down. I am sure a lot of people have been scammed and, once you finish the book you won't be scammed again. What a wonderful guide and reference to have. Dr. Morton Tavel, M.D. is a retired Internal medicine and cardiovascular physician that held a teaching position for many years at the University School of Medicine in Indiana. He has written other books, "Snake Oil is Alive and Well", and "Hell in the Heavens". He has so much experience and knowledge on these subjects that he wrote about it so everyone will know the truth.

I give Health Tips, Myths, And Tricks by Morton Tavel, M.D. a score of 4 out of 4 stars. His talent of writing and instruction on how to live a healthy and better life is a wonderful read. It is a book of education for today's lifestyle. I recommend this book for everyone to read and,to get started on a better way of living. If you are a person of health I know there are guidelines in this book that you are not aware of and you will be glad you read this.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dobbe1956+'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

One thing I love about this book, is the intersecting sectioning of the book. I love how he divided it into three parts making it easy for the reader to dabble into any section. Great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”