Review by RS Dino -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
RS Dino
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rs-dino.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Review by RS Dino -- Trip to Adele

Post by RS Dino » 30 May 2018, 02:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I don’t always enjoy a story when the spotlight is pointing in many directions but surprisingly, this novel by R.I. and A.I. Alyaseer is an exception. Despite having three main characters from different cultures and corners of the world, I was not lost from the beginning to end. Each story has its unique perspective on love and family and I am delighted to have read this book.

I am not married. Family and marriage are not the experiences I can best relate to (let alone the idea of desperately finding true love.) but this book made even me understand the struggle two people who used to love each other could possibly come across in their marriage.

I have also come see how someone’s present view of certain things could be the opposite of what they used to believe in the past. This is portrayed by Nadia and Yaser (maybe even the other characters in this story).
Though the beginning of this book was not an eye-catcher for me, the way it progressed towards the end was a blast.

I was first introduced to three characters, Nadia, Yaser, and Elias who are all looking for something (someone) that does not seem to be within reach. I didn’t smile even a little in the first half of the book because of its grey atmosphere. It is filled with sorrow and anxiety and I could not help but feel the same exact thing about the book. One character even gave up on the idea of sticking to what is right and I was a little worried that I would end up giving this a low score due to the amount of adultery presented. But most characters, despite being at the point of giving up, always end up being rational and that is one of the reasons why this book won me over.

And Adele’s songs having their own places in the story is a huge surprise. I couldn’t almost believe it that each lyric represents the scenes perfectly. The authors obviously got most of the inspirations from the songs and any true Adele fan, myself included, will have no choice but love this novel.

I could not ask more for an ending. The three stories ended differently but everything seems to have settled in the right place. There may be a bit of a cliffhanger, but I wasn’t bothered a lot. This novel is shorter than most but the author managed to put all the necessary details and I was fulfilled by the emotions I felt while reading it.

Again, at first I was skeptical but after finishing the story, I realized that I have underestimated its value. One star taken by its slow beginning, I give this 3 out of 4 stars. For making me sad, for making me worry, for making me satisfied, and for loving Adele like I do, this book is worth Adele’s concert ticket.

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like RS Dino's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”