Review by Traci24 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Traci24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traci24.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Traci24 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Traci24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R. D. Base is a cute story for young kids and toddlers. It follows Toni as he does every day activities like a superhero. What are these activities?

As I was reading this book, my two year old came over to look at it and she was completely enthralled. Rebecca was able to stay focused on the story of Toni the Superhero because Base used 3-4 word easy sentences. The art in the book was bright and very colorful which also helped to keep her attention. When I was through reading, she asked to take my phone so she could read "Toni" by herself. Rebecca read it to me at least four (4) times and when it is time for Toni to go to bed she giggled and snored.

Toni the Superhero is not just a fun book to read but it also has several teachable moments. I found this to be true as I was reading Toni the Superhero. I liked the message that Toni was "cool" because he did everyday things and his super powers were normal things. For example, Toni dusted, ate healthy, rescued animals, jumped, played with friends and went to bed. These are activities that all kids can do and be superheroes like Toni.

It is clever to put these chores in a toddler book and show that it is a good thing to help, not only mom and dad, but also other people in the community. Most of the time toddlers think it is fun to help wash dishes and sweep the floor but good luck getting them to eat their broccoli. In the picture of Toni eating, he is shown with fruits and vegetables. There was no junk food there. Healthy eating habits start out when kids are young.

Toni is also a good role model for kids because he is active. As stated before, Toni likes to jump, swim and dance. He is not shown sitting in front of the t.v. playing video games or on the computer or tablet.

Toni the Superhero is a really good short read. The short sentences, that use sight words, is just one of the reasons I recommend it for people with toddlers or young readers. Toni the Superheroshould definitely be on every little readers beginner list.

I rate Toni the Superhero A 4 out of 4. R.D. Base did an awesome job. I cannot wait to see the other books in the series.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Traci24's review? Post a comment saying so!
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

I enjoyed the anecdote shared I think that a child's enjoyment of a book meant for them, is one of the best measures of a successful story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”