Review by Omoye+ -- Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Review by Omoye+ -- Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toxic Side Effect" by Sandy Magner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Toxic Side Effects by Sandy Magner is of the C/T/M/H (crime, thriller, mystery, and horror) genre. It contains twenty-six (26) chapters. It was published on the 4th of May, 2018.

The story was about Richard Burns’s death by poison, and the search for the culprit from the point of view of his daughter, Jennifer Burns. Jennifer is a 45-year-old woman with two kids, who have had two failed marriages.

In a bid to find the culprit in her father's murder and clear her mother's name from the list of suspects, Jennifer found out that her parents' marriage wasn't as perfect as she had thought.

The story was slow paced. It was written in the first person narrative style. This point of view is usually effective in giving the reader a sense of closeness to the characters in the plot. It did speed up my understanding of the plot and got me "hooked" to the book till the end.

The story was clear, concise, and original. The storyline had a great plot. The suspense intrigued me. The plot structure of the story was chronological. The story was richly detailed.

The themes of the story were a loss, murder, toxic relationships, blood-ties, and love.

I liked the character of Katrina more. She was a friend of Jennifer from childhood. I could relate to her personality. (Free and easy going kind of girl.)

I haven't read such an interesting book in a while. The author had a way of trapping the reader's full attention till the end.

The main character involved herself in risky situations to get answers to her questions.

The book made me have second thoughts concerning the saying "love can be found in unexpected places." Have fun reading a copy!

The book would suit audiences from teenagers to adults that like C/T/M/H genre of books, as it was written in simple and correct English. This feature made it a smooth read for me.

The author made use of some profane words so I would advise mothers to read the book before passing it on to their young teenagers to read if they approve.

The book was professionally edited. I didn't see any errors except for the repetition of one sentence which may have been done to emphasize its significance.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of its good use of English words and grammar.

Toxic Side Effect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Omoye+'s review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”