Review by Sharon serena -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharon serena
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-serena.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Sharon serena -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sharon serena »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches by H.M Irwing is a book filled with romance, love, lust, desperation, pain and helplessness as its major themes. The book begins with a prologue that gives the background of the main character Anna Walter-Simmons. The first chapters introduces the characters in the plot and we get to know about Anna's weaknesses towards Matt Preston, her selfish boyfriend and the horrors she goes through with him. Sexual injustices is broadly discussed in this book and Anna is no exception; she falls victim to such a crime. Having come from a messed up family with bad luck in men, finding justice proves to be only a dream with little help from the law.

Anna's life is intertwined with bad relationships: her best friend being insincere, her step brother being a criminal and the man she claims to love is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Anna being afraid to unmask the truth about what happened to her at the hands of the Prestons, destiny leads her to another soul, Rafael Brown, who shares the same story not knowing that they would be each other's strength and who is willing to help her through her quest for justice. A world dominated by men who prey on the weak is revealed in this book and the evil they do ranging from corruption, sexual abuse, drug trafficking and murder.

The past being full of mistakes, the present full of reflection and a future that does not offer much; Anna and Rafael set to find justice. Due to lack of evidence, Anna and Rafe move to a another place where life offers another path to peace yet opening another door for the same evil to torment them more.

Life in school poses a lot of challenges and abuse of every kind. I am glad that the book brings out the evil done to young women and men by the very people who vow to protect them. I appreciate that our fault as women is fully portrayed in the character Anna (staying quiet when we need to talk) and how to overcome the weakness through the same character. The plot of the book was intriguing with each chapter ending with suspense that makes you want to keep on reading. The writer clearly gave thought to all his characters and am happy that they were all essential.

While the book is great and all, I felt that the writer used a lot of ambiguous words that made me keep a dictionary close but that did not prevent me from enjoying the book. There were quite a number of grammatical errors and a few missing words but the book remained interesting enough for me to finish reading it. This book is definitely a good read and I would recommend it to those who desperately need a way out of their situation and to those who seek to define the kind of relationship they are in. I would advice that this book shouldn't be given to minors as its very erotic.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because the writer was creative enough to maintain the romance genre throughout the book. If it was thoroughly edited, it would have hit a perfect score.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sharon serena's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

A book filled with romance, love, lust, desperation, pain and helplessness as its major themes is my cup of tea. I feel so sorry to hear about the trials in Anna's life. Oh, Rafael is heaven-sent. I'm sorry to hear about the grammatical errors that made you deduct a star from a perfect rating. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”