Review by EllenJorene -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EllenJorene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellenjorene.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by EllenJorene -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by EllenJorene »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads is the fourth book in Kaylin McFarren's "Thread" series. It started with an original poem called "Death Ship" that tied in nicely with the overall theme of the book. The story takes place on a cruise ship where a beautiful former Geisha must find and assassinate the person who had wronged the Yakuza in Tokyo. The story developed beautifully into a love tale and ends on a very happy note.

Those who like any kind of erotica or thriller books will thoroughly enjoy this book. Between ties with the Yakuza and a little of the main characters back story, it kept me on my toes the entire time. Plus even though it was the fourth in the series it was super easy to jump into and enjoy. The characters are all developed well (even though I found a couple choices confusing, they played out well in the end) and the side plots were all tied up nicely and enjoyable to read. I sped through this book I enjoyed it so much.

However, there were a few things that put me off this book which made it harder to read and why I didn't finish it in two days like I could have. The first 'arousal' scene was very awkward for me and took me out of the book, this is my first thriller erotica book I've read though so that may have had something to do with me thinking it was weird. Every other sex scene/arousal scene was written well. Another thing that kinda threw me off was their pet names for each other. They knew each other two days before they were calling the other 'angel' and 'baby' (angel was what did me in, I don't enjoy that pet name to begin with -- but that's a personal preference).

There were a few errors also on page 97 a sentence read: "That was unkind. of me." it should read "That was unkind of me". Also on page 146 a grammatical error read "Sara and me" instead of "Sara and I".

Overall I would rate this book a 3 OUT OF 4 STARS I definitely recommend it and liked reading it, but feel like there could be more to it that is missing. Maybe if I read the other three books first more would make sense to me, but overall I really enjoyed it as a fun beach read (especially with summer starting!).

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EllenJorene's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I love thrillers but not erotica, so this one probably isn't for me.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”