Review by hollystover13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hollystover13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollystover13.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by hollystover13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by hollystover13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak is the first in Lincoln Cole’s new series, “World On Fire”. The main character Abigail becomes entangled with a supposed stalker, Haatim, who ends up being an asset to helping her in what has inadvertently become a war between good and evil. The Council whom Abigail is a Hunter, has been battling demons and going against “The Ninth Circle” Organization. Abigail’s mentor had been claimed by the demons and she wants to reveal the truth of his possession and find him and bring him back. In the mean time she must keep Haatim safe from those trying to kill him. It becomes a race against time before innocent lives are taken. As they fight for themselves and others they encounter many things that they aren’t sure are real demon possessions or random cases of insanity but they know the fight to stay alive is very real, and will do everything in their power to prevail over the demons.

The fear for Abigail and Haatim feels as if it emanates from the pages and you find your heart beating faster and your palms sweating. I have never had a book instill such anxiety and fear. You find yourself wondering if in reality this could possibly happen as the way this book was written seems so chillingly real. The story runs flawlessly together and the characters are very well developed.

I loved everything about this book. Before I read the first page I knew it sounded intriguing but am always wary of an author being able to snare me into the story so completely that I’m unaware of my surroundings. This author did that and more. From the first page I was so pulled into the story that I found myself halfway through the book and didn’t want to put it down.

I gave Raven’s Peak a rating of 4 out of 4 stars due to the fact it was the most intensely thrilling ride I’ve had in a long time! The non-stop action and adventure with many surprising twists will keep you reading on until the very end. The flow of the story was beautifully written and I became one with the characters as they fought through their dangerous plight.

I would gear this book towards anyone who likes a darker, sinister paranormal read. It definitely is not for the faint of heart. The strength of the characters and the realism of the writing may even appeal to those not quite sure if they would like this genre but have always been a little curious of the dark side. This book will not disappoint!

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like hollystover13's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”