Review by lionmoon_3 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lionmoon_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lionmoon-3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by lionmoon_3 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by lionmoon_3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday

I rate this book a 4 out of 4! We are multidimensional beings. With the new understanding of quantum physics, we can now accept that time is not one dimensional, not just past, present and future, but a continuum and one that happens simultaneously. Techniques have also been developed to explore past life regression. People have come to realize that our unfinished business of past lives does indeed influence our present lives.

This is a great story. I love the movement from the current time to the past. I love how the author ties the threads together: the locket, the clock, the bells, the chance meeting with relatives! It is so exciting to see how the pieces come together, slowly but surely.

I think this story would appeal to those who are open to new dimensions and open to the exploration and acceptance of ‘reality’ as supported by quantum physics. Not the reality presented by traditional viewpoints. Most western religions have denied reincarnation. Most have dismissed multidimensional time. Eastern religions have long accepted the notion of reincarnation. The idea that our essence never dies, it just transforms is supported by science. I don’t think this story will appeal to those who hold to traditional ideas. For those who do, reincarnation is not true, not a true possibility. In fact, the idea itself may be offensive.

What annoys me is that Amanda clings so tenaciously to her pain. People must work hard to be miserable. Amanda works hard at it. Past life regression is only one technique to help us understand our lives. The ancients have used meditation. Even Christian mystics have used meditation to explore the nature of our existence. St Theresa of Avilla was a meditator. Her friend, St John of the Cross, was a meditator, too. He writes of the Dark Night of the Soul. If we want to overcome our difficulties and obstructions in this life, we must go through the tunnel of the dark night to come out on the other side.

Mark is a wonderful character. He is strong, handsome, yet, he is way too patient. He is understanding and loving and compassionate. Yes, he does get upset and somewhat angry, but…he is not quite real. He lacks depth.

Even with these ‘flaws’, the book brings history to life. Too often, history is presented in a neat, dry fashion. In books, regular text books, the so-called facts are presented. We don’t get to experience the experience. People are not alive. This story brings us people. People who suffer fear, loss, pain, prejudice. As a Northerner, I rarely have looked at the lives of people in the South. More people died in our Civil War than did in both WW1 and WW11. The people in this story are alive. The factual details of the South, of Chicago are true. If someone is a history lover, this book will add to their understanding of our past as Americans. Whether they believe in reincarnation or not, this is a good read that will touch the human heart.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lionmoon_3's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”