Review by Ana_Saints -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Ana_Saints -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

Post by Ana_Saints »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Different Kinds Of Monsters" by Seth Chambers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are all monsters who are striving to fight in order to survive in this cruel world. The book entitled The Different Kinds of Monsters renders a peculiar and astounding storyline. This book was written and copyrighted by Seth Chambers and was published on August 14, 2017 by Robot and Dragon Press. The Different Kinds of Monsters will take you to the strange story of the protagonist named Dylan Armitage.

The story began during the late Jurassic period with the birth of the firstborn Allosaurus. First already knew from the day she was out of her shell that she’ll mature like her mother, mighty and powerful. From the dinosaurs, the setting changed promptly and Dylan’s life was narrated. When he was just a 6-year-old boy he met Emily- the Allosaurus dinosaur that was named after Emily Marigate who happens to be his grandmother. Upon his first meeting with Emily he started to feel an instant connection towards the old fossil, thenceforth, he already knew the magic of his life has already started. Dylan has never stayed in one school for his family moves a lot for the reason that his father never ran out of foe in his work. With that, his mother takes him to museums believing that it could serve as an informal setting for Dylan’s unstable education. Coincidentally, Emily was always present in every museum they visit. It became an unsolved mystery to their family, and that mystery hunted Dylan even after several years.

Seth Chambers narrated the first chapters of the book in a third persona and shifted from a first-person point of view. Despite the fact that this kind of story is not my typical genre, this book unexpectedly and surprisingly captivated my interest, and I admire this book for that specific reason. In the light of that, the exact part that triggered my interest is when Dylan met the dinosaur in a local museum, that’s when the puzzle in my mind started connecting and making pictures. The conflict that the protagonist is facing is definitely unconventional. The unresolved connection with Emily was Dylan’s problem since he was a child that he carried throughout his adulthood, which leads to cause another agony with his wife and daughter. Indeed, the curse between their family and Emily was the root cause of all the other conflict in the story. Dylan truly struggled to find himself, of what kind of man was he really is. Moreover, he couldn’t control the monster within him, nor the monsters around him.

Personally, I really love the book The Different Kinds of Monsters. It yields unexpected plot twists that trigger different emotions. The whole thing about the book left me in awe and with that I applause the author for a job well done. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars and I highly recommend this to all of the book enthusiasts who search for a book with a distinctive and fascinating plot.

Read the book to find out if Dylan was able to withstand and conquer the different kinds of monsters in his life.

The Different Kinds Of Monsters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ana_Saints's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read this review. This is a very mysterious novel. Many monsters like dinosaurs, fossils appear to the protagonist.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

This is really mystery, and I think it's a deep novel that has a lot of secret meaning to its words. Great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”