Review by Corhan2 -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by Corhan2 -- Trip to Adele

Post by Corhan2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip to Adele is a tribute to Adele as the authors R.I. Alyaseer & A.I. Alyaseer are absolutely besotted with her. This shows in the fact that each chapter ends with lyrics from one of her songs. The book is about three people, each with their own life problems, how they cope with it and of course Adele playing a big role in each one’s life. With Elias, Yaser & Nadia being the main characters, the story follows each one and their reasons to want to attend Adele’s concert in Verona.

Elias is being haunted by memories of Malika – a girl he met 8 years ago at the El-Fnaa Square when on vacation in Marrakesh. In the week he spends with Malika in Marrakesh, she stole his heart and he fell in love with her. Unfortunately, he cannot bring her back to Rome with him, but before he went back to Rome he made a promise to her to meet her in the future at one of Adele’s concerts. Eight years later and back in Rome, he had a chance meeting with a fortune-teller. This meeting compelled him to return to Marrakesh and search for Malika. BUT, Malika had her own dreams. Will Malika still be in Marrakesh or will he be reunited with her at Adele’s concert in Verona?

Yaser, a surgeon in Las Vegas, USA, is married to Marriam. They have marital problems and are seeking the help of a marriage counsellor. The counsellor instructed them to find one happy memory, revive the memory, and maybe this will help to save their marriage. Although Yaser rebels against all that Marriam believes in, he is the one to find the happy memory. This is the memory of the day he proposed to Marriam. She almost choked on the ring because it was in a cup of coffee. While he proposed to Marriam, he played one of Adele’s songs on his cell phone. In spite of his rebellion, he still try’s to save their marriage and buy tickets to Adele’s concert in Verona, but….will they board the plane?

Nadia is a divorcee who lives in Amman, Jordan. She has a son, Waleed, who absolutely adores Adele. Nadia needs to take unpaid leave to take her son to Adele’s concert in Verona for his birthday. The first problem she encounters was the disapproval of her request for unpaid leave. Luckily, Nadia is a strong woman and refuse to be intimidated by anyone. Her ex-husband had their son injured at his wedding and Nadia felt compelled to report the incident to the police. In the end Waleed was fine and she got he leave sorted out, but when she and Waleed arrived at the airport, she had a nasty surprise waiting for her.

The book is written in first person. I liked this because I could climb into each character’s shoes and connect with them emotionally.

The hopping from one story to the other was a bit confusing in the beginning, but once I had figured out which belongs to which the reading went smoothly. There are some characters and scenes which I felt were unnecessary. Overall I enjoyed reading the book and everything worked well together.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book is almost free of grammatical and formatting errors. If you enjoy books that do not require too much concentration, then this one is for you.

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Corhan2's review? Post a comment saying so!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Thanks for the review - I'm not too keen on the idea of hopping about between first-person narrators, but it can work very well, and obviously this worked for you. I'm not tempted by the subject matter, I'm afraid, but it sounds like a good, light read.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the review! It seems like a great beach read!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know who Adele is.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I read this one a while back and didn't really enjoy the story. I didn't mind the different character perspectives, but if I remember correctly none of them actually meet or have any connection with each other, correct? This is what I didn't like. Also, the ending wasn't one that I enjoyed either. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed this book regardless! Thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

very good review indeed, i had already reviews on this book and found some what similar experiences , this is must be good to read indeed with caveat that hopping between topics little confusing
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”