Review by dgallois -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by dgallois -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by dgallois »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing is the second book of a trilogy in the romance genre. This is a story of love mixed with lust and deceit. The story begins, as you would expect with a trilogy, where book one left off, to continue the story of Anna and Rafe. These two are in love and desperate to help each other overcome the horrific events each had experienced before meeting. They both had been drugged and raped by people they trusted. Anna, Rafe and their friends are on-edge and on-guard as the abusers/rapists, Eric Dayton (Rafe’s abuser) and the Prestions (Anna’s abuser/rapists) have returned and have seemed to team up. The abusers/rapists have had their reputations tarnished and who knows what kind of vengeance they may seek. Will evil triumph over good? Will Anna and Rafe’s love survive?

The author does a great job throughout book two to help the reader understand the events that were explained in book one. I did not read book one and was a bit lost when I first started reading but feel that I was given enough information throughout this book to catch me up and have me invested in the story. The characters of Anna and Rafe were developed in a way that had me cheering for them as individuals and as a couple. It was great to see the characters evolve throughout the story. Anna, begins to emerge as a stronger woman for all she has endured. She is still young and impulsive and at times lets her anger or demons drive her at times. Which is understandable with all she has been through, but she has grown enough to figure out the current and past relationships that have been more toxic than good and the ones that have been more good than anything else.

There really isn’t anything about the book that I would put in the negative column, but would like to recommend a warning for the series about the dark nature and graphic descriptions throughout. I feel that this may be hard to read for someone that has experienced sexual abuse. But at the same time, I feel it could also be a good read for the same people I would like to have the warning for. The author does a great job of showing how Anna has become stronger with the help of her good friend, Pat and the love of her life, Rafe.

I, myself, am on the fence about reading book 3 of the series. I am very interested to see if Anna and Rafe get the vengeance they have both desired but am not sure I want to venture back into the dark places that this one book has taken me. I would like to think that the abusers get what the deserve and Anna and Rafe live happily ever after.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The dark nature is not my normal genre but the book was well written, the characters are well developed and it appears to have been professionally edited.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dgallois's review? Post a comment saying so!
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

very nice review indeed about this book which describes how some people are bullied by bad people . happy to know how these people who are bullied fight back
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dgallois »

sanjus wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 06:56 very nice review indeed about this book which describes how some people are bullied by bad people . happy to know how these people who are bullied fight back
Make sure to read book 3 so you see how it all ends.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read and written the review of Heartaches 2 by I.M Irwing. Anna Walters-Simmons acts as protagonist character in the story who suffered from cruelty, rapist and remorseless behaviors from her closely linked people. She is passing from a very poor condition full of grief but also trying to come back to its normal position with the desire of vengeance. Raphael Russo Brown, often called Rafe is the boyfriend of Anna and remains with in all of the difficulties suffered by her because all the conditions had also been suffered by him. The erroneous and disturbed mental conditions of both members bring them to a unity and match. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”