Review by Lee_Reads -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lee_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-reads.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Review by Lee_Reads -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Lee_Reads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman is the first book in the Superhighway trilogy. The reader gets swept away on a trek across the globe after the main character, Alex Fine, discovers he has an exceptional superpower. Can you imagine being able to travel through the internet? You grab a network cable, watch the room spin and then enter endless complex tunnels. This original book will be sure to spark your interest and imagination.

Alex Fine was placed in an orphanage as a baby. He knows nothing about his parents. Alex struggles in and out of foster homes until one day he discovers he is not like the others. After realizing his ability to travel via the internet, he strives to become a superhero. He takes from corrupt individuals and gives to those who need it the most. But this adventure as Robinhood of the internet has a massive price. There is no instruction manual. He is alone. And as he makes up the rules as he goes, he crosses a few malicious individuals. How will Alex stay safe in this new environment?

Alex is human and flawed and that makes him relatable. After surviving a difficult childhood he is abruptly thrown into a new, unexpected life. His romantic relationships are rocky and ugly. But overall, he truly has good intentions. This makes him an amiable character. Alex’s display of charity and generosity were my favorite parts of the story. I kept imaging what would I do if I had this rare ability? How would I try to help and what sort of impact would I try to make?

The changes in locations were interesting to me. Alex moves from an upscale hotel in Hawaii to a homeless shelter in Amsterdam. He travels to Miami and then to an island in the Caribbean. I truly relished Alex’s quick movements around the world and his insights at each location. When Alex compares Los Angeles to Amsterdam, he notices how the people in Amsterdam celebrate the moment by walking and biking rather than traveling mostly by car and being preoccupied with their phones. These insights that the author added throughout the book kept me engaged.

I am giving this book a rating of 3 out of 4. There were a few grammar errors. This story contains violence, drugs, and sexual content. If this is a problem, this book is not for you. I would recommend it to anyone interested in science fiction or romantic adventure. Overall, Superhighway was entertaining and I’m curious to know what happens in the second book of the series.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Lee_Reads's review? Post a comment saying so!
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the review. I have just started reading this and so far am enjoying it

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”