Review by Kemunto lucy -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Review by Kemunto lucy -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Kemunto lucy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Parents always do the best they know how in raising their children but the outcome of each child is usually different from the other. Sometimes the behaviour of a child turns out to be the exact opposite of the good values instilled by the parents while the child was growing up. Randy Love at Your Service by Shay Carter is a 262 page romantic book. The book revolves around Randy Love who is the main character.

Randy is a typical guy enjoying his youth. He is the last born in a family of three. His siblings are both successful adults with good careers and have started their own families. Randy on the other hand is the black sheep who is never serious with life or rather thinks that the world revolves around him. He is that party person who believes he has a charm on women irrespective of their age or marital status and he never says no to any of them. He also has a series of friends who view him as a genius when it comes to ladies. It reaches a point where Randy has to make a decision which will change his mean personality and generally his entire life.

The author has done a perfect job in character introduction making one feel like this family is the one next door. The conversations are engaging and entertaining too.There is a wise selection of words which gives the story a good flow. The description of events is vivid and the author uses irony in the topics in the most unique way. There is a juicy collection of phrases which I am already practising. Each chapter has its own fascinating 'Randy experience ' story that makes you eager to find out what the other chapter holds.

Merits aside; vulgar is majorly used in this book which I know is not everyone's cup of tea. There is also explicit content thus the book is definitely not for kids. While reading this book I felt like the author gave out too much information which at some point decreases the reading psych.

All being said, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because there was never a dull moment while reading. I also felt like the book was professionally edited because there were no errors in grammar and punctuation. I recommend this book to any mature reader who loves romantic novels. It is definitely a book to read on vacation at the beach or somewhere under a tree.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kemunto lucy's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for your detailed review! It is a great thing when a book is professionally edited, since you can stay immersed in it. I am tempted to pick it up since you mentioned it was a great beach read - and I can only hope that I will enjoy it as much as you did!
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

gen_g wrote: 21 May 2018, 09:15 Thank you for your detailed review! It is a great thing when a book is professionally edited, since you can stay immersed in it. I am tempted to pick it up since you mentioned it was a great beach read - and I can only hope that I will enjoy it as much as you did!
Thanks for reading and commenting. It is a book worth your time.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I love your first paragraph about parents and families. It’s so true.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Interesting take on this novel, and one that brings out the originality of depicting the protagonist's background.
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

teacherjh wrote: 24 May 2018, 10:21 I love your first paragraph about parents and families. It’s so true.
Most parents go the extra mile. Thankyou.
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

Libs_Books wrote: 25 May 2018, 01:43 Interesting take on this novel, and one that brings out the originality of depicting the protagonist's background.
Thanks for your kind words.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Great review!
Yes-this book would be a great beach read! Also, I could see it as a Rom-Com movie.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

You've given a nice summary and analysis of the book. I'm currently reading the book and true, it's entertaining. Solid review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”