Review by sanjus -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by sanjus -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas is a science fiction which is a tale of two different races, one on the earth and another on the planet named Treretum in away from solar system. The story is all about the masses on both these planets are been oppressed and exploited in similar fashion by few greedy individual who have the power and influence on the ruling community over the masses.

The author explains about life on Treretum in the first chapter and then life of earthly beings (I mean protagonists) in second chapter. Further he alternates it in next few chapters so that plots flows side by side. Aeronautical Engineer Ogla and her boyfriend Gavilan, both go on a long tour to attend a conference at Houston which is main adventure in the plot. This tour gives twists to their smooth life into uncertainty with worries. The other side of the plot explains about creatures living on planet Treretum visited earth several times in the past millennia. They revisit to see the progress on Earth ever since they left the earth last time. Earlier they trained Earthly beings for life improvement. Later both the races come across each other when aliens’ meets two protagonists to get help and also help in return.

The main agenda of this book is to create a public awareness about cadmium poisoning facts packed in a thrilling science fiction. The technical terms used can be understood easily and more of like general knowledge. This book includes the present day socioeconomic perspective around the world into the plot to make it more serious and captivating to the reader.

I appreciate the honest effort by the author to educate the masses about the bad effects of cadmium poisoning on their health. This book shows how the cadmium enters the human body and what it does to it. The author says the most common ailment which people face today like diabetes, renal failure and cancer are due to cadmium poisoning. Further he shows that how the present system only treat the symptoms and don’t care about the cause.

I get a lot to take away from this book hence I give it 4 out of 4 stars. There is a mix of Spanish language in between the lines as per requirement of the plot, moreover there were few grammatical errors that can be ignored. The grammatical errors observed do not confuse the reader so much. I also recommend reading this book, as it may change the perception about present knowledge about most common ailments and its cure.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sanjus's review? Post a comment saying so!
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the detailed review - the author's attempt to educate the reader about cadmium poisoning is a plus point.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Thank you for your interesting review. I'm not sure that I feel especially drawn to reading this book, given the premise, but appreciate your information all the same.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

gen_g wrote: 20 May 2018, 02:17 Thank you for the detailed review - the author's attempt to educate the reader about cadmium poisoning is a plus point.
happy to see this review got your attention thanks
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

SABRADLEY wrote: 20 May 2018, 02:23 Thank you for your interesting review. I'm not sure that I feel especially drawn to reading this book, given the premise, but appreciate your information all the same.
thanks to see this review got your attention, really i got something reading this book and improved upon my health
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

sanjus wrote: 21 May 2018, 03:45
gen_g wrote: 20 May 2018, 02:17 Thank you for the detailed review - the author's attempt to educate the reader about cadmium poisoning is a plus point.
happy to see this review got your attention thanks
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy my reviews too!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

Your reviewing skills are pretty amazing because this post has already managed to intrigue me. Seems like there are a lot of books going in my reading list, including this one!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I like that the author included some Spanish into the plot because that, if done well, always adds some flavour to a book. I don't like the cover much but your review makes me want to check the book out. Thank you!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Very informative review but I don't think I'll be reading this book. Thank you for your review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

A very interesting plot, the education about cadmium poisoning is an interesting plus. Thanks for your review!.
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

Nice review and I think it's a fascinating way to educate people on the dangers of cadmium poisoning (assuming the information in the book is factual).
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I don't think I'm too keen on learning about cadmium poisoning, but otherwise this sounds like an interesting plot. I really like books that involve aliens from other planets, so I'll add this one to my "To Read" list... Thanks for the review!
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

Great review! I have never heard of cadmium poisoning, so this sounds like an interesting read.
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

The title is captivating to me. I like this review and I think I want to add this book to my bookshelves.
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader :techie-studyinggray:
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for this review! I am pretty interested in hearing the author's take on cadmium poisoning, so I'm going to have to give this one a read. Based on the title, I wasn't too excited about the book at first. The way you highlighted the author's effort to discuss cadmium in a unique and exciting way does make me want to read it now.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”