Review by AnitaM -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AnitaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by AnitaM -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by AnitaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 3: Bad Boy Vibes is the final book in the Heartaches trilogy by H M Irwing. This book follows the final part of Anna’s journey. Can she and Rafael find the justice they have been seeking for so long? They battle to bring down a powerful drug syndicate which has been at the root of all the evil they have suffered. Rafael attempts to infiltrate the gang and destroy it from within, but has he underestimated Eric Dayton and the Prestons? A number of unlikely allies arise along the way and help in the fight. Can they succeed in this dangerous task? Both Anna and Rafael risk their lives in an attempt to save their love and seek revenge.

A highly dramatic and tense book, Heartaches 3 is undeniably a gripping read. I appreciated the way in which H M Irwing tied up the loose ends from the previous books in the trilogy; it was a worthy conclusion.

I also enjoyed the unlikely genre combination of romance and crime. I am someone who doesn’t typically enjoy romance novels. However, in Heartaches 3, I felt the central romantic aspect really added value. It made me care more deeply about the characters and therefore, heightened my involvement in the story.

However, although I enjoyed the story-line, I did have a few problems with the writing style and timing. During the first section, in which an ex lover returns to declare his ongoing love for Anna, I found the language to be overly flowery and sometimes confusing. It was almost as though the author was trying to inject too much passion and descriptive detail! The result is a drawn-out version of events which I found slightly frustrating. At several points I was tempted to skip over a few pages to get to the real action. I also noticed a few grammatical errors which detracted from my enjoyment a little.

In conclusion, I don’t wish to be too critical because I did enjoy the story and found the second half of the book to be fast paced and exciting. I think with some slightly stricter editing Heartaches 3 could be a fantastic read. I do recommend this book to others, particularly those who enjoy thrillers with an emotional connection. It is worth noting that this book has some erotic content and is probably only suitable for adult readers. I have decided to give Heartaches 3: Bad Boy Vibes 3 out of 4 stars.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AnitaM's review? Post a comment saying so!
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

I read the book and I fully agree with you. The over-description and poor editing really cost the story.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”