Review by teacherjh -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Review by teacherjh -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

The premise of this book sounds really intriguing, but the way you describe the main character gives me a few misgivings about picking the book up for a read XD Still, it must have been enjoyable if you rated it 4 stars--the writing seems to be well done as well, it's always nice to see books written by authors with exceptional flair for language!

Thank you for your detailed review :)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Dael Reader wrote: 18 May 2018, 17:03 It is quite compelling that you recommend this book--despite the fact that you don't like the main character. I am intrigued enough to consider it. I generally have misgivings about books that are first in a series, just because I've read so many promising first installments, and so many disappointing second installments. But as you say, maybe a second part will focus on deeper character development. The premise of the book seems an interesting one to me though.
You might want to read some reviews first. I've heard some people who were disappointed with the sequel.
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

He is always chasing girls for sure! That was something I found to be a bit odd since he did not seem to have a confidence prior to finding his abilities.
Jackie Holycross

britt13 wrote: 20 May 2018, 22:36 He is always chasing girls for sure! That was something I found to be a bit odd since he did not seem to have a confidence prior to finding his abilities.
It was odd. Thanks for leaving me a comment.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

Thank you teacherjh. I see after browsing more reviews, my plot descriptions are very light compared to most I've read.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Jackie Holycross

thaservices1 wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:24 Thank you teacherjh. I see after browsing more reviews, my plot descriptions are very light compared to most I've read.
I've learned a lot by reading other people's reviews too. Thanks for the compliment and the comment.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Great review! I have seen many reviews of this book, and they were all varied, so I'm still on the fence about this one. Although, the premise does sound interesting.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I reviewed this book too and had the same feelings about the protagonist. I really liked the plot and the premise. I haven't decided whether to read the second book yet. I would probably have to see some reviews that say he has matured quite a bit in order to read it and I would like to see some more significant female characters.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

teacherjh wrote: 15 May 2018, 22:49 The story begins at the end. Alex is sitting on his private Caribbean island contemplating the consequences of his reckless actions. The rest of the story is told as a flashback.
I've read other reviews of this book, but yours is the first that really brought this out.
Unfortunately, the main thing I did not like about this book was the protagonist. He was immature and superficial. He spent too much time admiring himself and chasing a new girl in every country. He went way over the top with spending on himself for my taste.
Great piece of analysis here. You're right that not everybody feels the same way - on the other hand, I don't think you're the only one who feels this way. Hope you enjoy the next book more.
Jackie Holycross

Libs_Books wrote: 23 May 2018, 13:28
teacherjh wrote: 15 May 2018, 22:49 The story begins at the end. Alex is sitting on his private Caribbean island contemplating the consequences of his reckless actions. The rest of the story is told as a flashback.
I've read other reviews of this book, but yours is the first that really brought this out.
Unfortunately, the main thing I did not like about this book was the protagonist. He was immature and superficial. He spent too much time admiring himself and chasing a new girl in every country. He went way over the top with spending on himself for my taste.
Great piece of analysis here. You're right that not everybody feels the same way - on the other hand, I don't think you're the only one who feels this way. Hope you enjoy the next book more.
Yeah, I thought it was just an opinion issue, but maybe I should have rated it a 3.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

good review giving more insight into this science fiction book and travel by Internet by main character
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Jackie Holycross

sanjus wrote: 24 May 2018, 10:46 good review giving more insight into this science fiction book and travel by Internet by main character
Thanks for leaving a comment.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Great job with this review. I enjoyed your comment about the protagonist only worrying about chasing women. Sounds like any young guy to me!
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I simply loved it! I was sad when I finished reading it. Thanks for the nice review.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Jackie Holycross

CommMayo wrote: 28 May 2018, 12:44 Great job with this review. I enjoyed your comment about the protagonist only worrying about chasing women. Sounds like any young guy to me!
LOL - that's why I did not knock the score down. It was realistic. Thanks for commenting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”