Review by Echo Haapala -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Review by Echo Haapala -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alex Fine - who is he? Better question, what is he? This story follows Alex, an 18 year old that spent the majority of his 18 years in a L.A. orphanage. He was brought to the orphanage as a baby with no information about where he came from. Growing up, Alex was fascinated by technology. He spent his free time reading and learning about the internet and computers. When he turned 18, the orphanage built a computer lab. His first day in the lab, he spent hours on the internet when the computer screen froze. While attempting to fix the computer, Alex pulled the plug out of the wall. It was then that Alex’s life took a crazy turn, or should I say, turns in the labyrinth of wires.

After travelling through the vortex of wires and lights, Alex reached his destination; a beautiful beach in Hawaii. This was just the beginning of Alex’s journey. With his newfound and unique ability, he was able to travel to different countries and gather useful information along the way. When I say useful, I mean the ability to download CIA and FBI data into his brain. Not only did he now have the knowledge of the Government’s deepest secrets but he could also access anyone and everyone’s bank accounts.

When reading this book, you embark on an adventure with Alex that uncovers the Government’s corrupt secrets as well his family history. Will he use his gift for good or will he succumb to the greed of being rich and powerful?

I rate Superhighway by Alex Fayman 3 out of 4 stars. I gave this book a 3 star rating instead of a 4 because it was little slow to start. Once the story began to develop, I felt as if I was the one being sucked into the vortex of wires and lights. The story really picked up momentum and became a real page turner. I also really enjoyed the cliff-hanging ending and will definitely read the second book. Also, in my opinion, Superhighwaywas a fresh and innovative book idea. I have never read anything with this sort of plot but I think it fits perfectly into our technology crazed culture.

I think this book would appeal to a lot of different readers. The plot of the story is technology and action based but there is also a little bit of passion and self-discovery. However, I would recommend this book to a more mature audience. While I would not consider this to be an erotica read there are a few sexual scenes as well as a lot of weed smoking. I would not recommend this book to someone that is looking for a romantic love story or that hates modern day technology.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Echo Haapala's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I love how you use the word 'vortex'. Great review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the great review! I enjoy a fast-paced book, and this seems to be just that.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”