Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- Heartaches 2

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes -- Heartaches 2

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The second novel in the Bad Vibes series by H. M. Irwing, titled Heartaches 2, would surely delight anyone who looks for an intriguing drama about love. It tells of a love between two people, each with a muddled past, a past that even when buried under layers of time, its miasma still reaches out to mingle with the present. This, Anna Simmons, learned the hard way as she and her boyfriend Rafael Brown embark together on a life that is filled with love for each other, but also overflowing with hate and vengeance for all who wronged them.

At present, Rafe holds a post in a military training school, while Anna trains under his wings. He thought his enemies were left behind once he shipped out of Syria where he was a soldier, but back home, the roster of his enemies includes his half-brothers, his father, and his commanding officer. Incidentally, Anna was abused by these same persons. With the help of Rafe who has even turned against his family, will Anna get her revenge?

It is amazing how the author has woven a complex tale of love and hate, passion and vengeance, while at the same time showcasing life in affluent Australia, with such libertarian women and arrogant men. With the complexity of the characters interacting, the events interweaving into the core of the story itself, you might be tempted to say, for the characters it has been a small world indeed. I had ventured some guesses on several junctures of the story to predict the outcomes of the storyline but proved wrong. The twist and turns just made me realize I really could not just see them coming.

Heartaches 2, being a romance novel, the reader must expect scenes of erotic nature, but assuredly, the dialogue and narrative I had found, did not go beyond bounds of desirability and good taste. The portrayal seemed just natural for all the scenes in bed and other places wherever the characters were compelled upon by their libido. And the sexual themes presented may be said as relevant to the times, with the current upheaval in moral consciousness, that is, without saying whether I may be in support of them or not. There is homosexuality, bisexuality, sadism, and maybe, fetishism that the readership here I may advise as discretionary.

I am impressed with the thorough editing, yielding only a few errors. And the style of writing is clear and forceful. My rating for this novel is 4 out of 4 stars, recommended for adult readers of romance novels.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ReyvrexQuestor Reyes's review? Post a comment saying so!
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I don't read much romance, but this is one of the better reviews I've seen for this series.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:

teacherjh wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 00:39 I don't read much romance, but this is one of the better reviews I've seen for this series.
Thanks. I believe you. lol.

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for a well-written, thorough review. The characters sound interesting and It's nice when the plot of a story is unpredictable. I am not a fan of books that contain sadism, but I'm glad you were able to appreciate the things that make the book shine.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Currently Reading:

bookowlie wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 18:21 Thanks for a well-written, thorough review. The characters sound interesting and It's nice when the plot of a story is unpredictable. I am not a fan of books that contain sadism, but I'm glad you were able to appreciate the things that make the book shine.
Thanks for your feedback. That encourages me no end.

Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I like your review. Glad you enjoyed the book.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

brilliant review on this romantic book which could be really entertaining, and nice to see how the love for each other helps
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Currently Reading:

Mouricia25 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 21:29 I like your review. Glad you enjoyed the book.
Thanks for your positive feedback.

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Currently Reading:

sanjus wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 06:42 brilliant review on this romantic book which could be really entertaining, and nice to see how the love for each other helps
Thanks for your positive observation.

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read and written the review of Heartaches 2 by I.M Irwing. Anna Walters-Simmons acts as protagonist character in the story who suffered from cruelty, rapist and remorseless behaviors from her closely linked people. She is passing from a very poor condition full of grief but also trying to come back to its normal position with the desire of vengeance. Raphael Russo Brown, often called Rafe is the boyfriend of Anna and remains with in all of the difficulties suffered by her because all the conditions had also been suffered by him. The erroneous and disturbed mental conditions of both members bring them to a unity and match. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”