Review by Beth4895 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beth4895
Currently Reading: Escape the Coming Night
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth4895.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Beth4895 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Beth4895 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedman

This book’s title explains it all. It takes the Torah, Midrash, the Bible, and the Zohar as a combination of sources and information to determine a historical pattern of events in the cycle of the 6 days of creation. It appears that most of what was drawn out came from the Jewish sources more than the traditional Christian versions of the Bible. The pre-Christian history resources give many details that are not available in the Bible. Pulling the resources of the three religions of Kabbalah, Jewish, and Christianity, provide a much clearer picture to determine the cyclical pattern, of our history, that has been established in this book. The evidence is very compelling and provides a better possibility of determining how the “End of Days”, free will, and “God’s Plan” can be put on a timeline without date setting or contradicting information. For no one knows the time or hour of the end, as stated in the Bible. The best way to read this book is to take it all in with an open mind before judging any of the information provided.

Some of the things I liked about this book are the textbook presentation, appendix resources provided in the back, and the balance of the resources used. This book has a setup that appears to have taken a lot of research and work to connect all the pieces of the cycle puzzle or “glass maze”, as the author calls it. The appendices have a wealth of information to provide the background for the subjects mentioned (like the Sefirot). The textbook style used makes it easy to see where the author cites the information he used. Although the author seems to talk a lot about Jewish mysticism, there is a fine balance of information presented, using all the resources provided.

The content was very intriguing, and I have never read anything like it, however, grammar and writing concepts were not followed. There are several sentence run-ons and paragraphs that only contain one or two sentences. The book would probably be more desirable with the concepts bound together in one paragraph instead of split into five sub-paragraphs. Some examples are: In Chapter 1, second paragraph, starting a sentence with “Or”. Chapter 1 under the “End of Days” subtitle, the third paragraph, there are four commas and one semicolon which creates a run-on sentence.

My favorite thing about this book is the content organization. The amount of research and dedication put into this book is commendable. Having access to Jewish tradition, to match up with the Bible, takes a lot of patience and understanding of the difference in perspective and political agendas in the resources. I like seeing the big picture of the resources combined to form an educated opinion of what I am reading.

My least favorite thing about this book is the lack of traditional grammar rules being followed, as well as, a general lack of flow in the beginning of the book. General rules on paragraph ties, not starting sentences with prepositions, and an overabundance of sentence run-ons is distracting. These errors make it hard to grasp some of the concepts being presented.

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. If it wasn’t for the grammar, this would be a higher rated book. This book would be a perfect read for anyone who lacks belief in the authenticity of the Bible. The facts of the Bible are backed up in the other resources used. This book would also be a great read for Christians that struggle with the history of their faith and understanding the timeline of the events that occur in Bible. If you’re a prophecy enthusiast, this is a really good book to establish a baseline for events to come, without date setting.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Beth4895's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a compelling read. I usually steer clear of 'end times' stuff, but you make this one sound interesting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”