Review by Sahani Nimandra -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Review by Sahani Nimandra -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Libs_Books wrote: 23 May 2018, 12:57 That's a very detailed review - I appreciated your reflection on the difficulties some women may experience when promoted over male colleagues.
Thank you for commenting, I hope it drove your interest to read this book.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Sahani Nimandra

gen_g wrote: 23 May 2018, 09:41
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 14 May 2018, 20:42
gen_g wrote: 14 May 2018, 09:31 Thank you for a great review, this book seems like it was well-developed with rounded characters.
Actually its is. Flawed characters has a lot to give in a story. It brings out a realistic nature. Thank you for commenting on my review!
I do agree, flawed characters are always more human, and more enjoyable to read compared to a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. You are welcome - we all live for replies to our reviews, afterall! :lol:
Haha yes yes you are so right about the last statement. :tiphat:
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I have read this book before, and I agree that the police procedural aspect of it was quite detailed and informative. It's too bad that Denise's experience is still happening in real life. I didn't enjoy her characterization though, which made the book significantly less enjoyable for me. It's great, however, that you found a lot of things to love about this work. Thanks for this review.
Sahani Nimandra

inaramid wrote: 23 May 2018, 20:52 I have read this book before, and I agree that the police procedural aspect of it was quite detailed and informative. It's too bad that Denise's experience is still happening in real life. I didn't enjoy her characterization though, which made the book significantly less enjoyable for me. It's great, however, that you found a lot of things to love about this work. Thanks for this review.
I'm glad that I could give a good picture. Thank you for commenting!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 23 May 2018, 19:51
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 14 May 2018, 20:42

Actually its is. Flawed characters has a lot to give in a story. It brings out a realistic nature. Thank you for commenting on my review!
I do agree, flawed characters are always more human, and more enjoyable to read compared to a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. You are welcome - we all live for replies to our reviews, afterall! :lol:
It is always great when we are all able to support each other by leaving replies. :lol:
Sahani Nimandra

gen_g wrote: 24 May 2018, 00:36
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 23 May 2018, 19:51

It is always great when we are all able to support each other by leaving replies. :lol:
Actually it is, that is how the review community thrives! :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

This book and the series it belongs to has great ratings. I am glad you liked it that much too. I wanted to read it because it sounds quite intriguing but the themes of murder and abuse make me anxious. Perhaps I will read it in the future.

I like that your review is analytical. I agree that situations like the one your ex-manager went through as a child have a psychological impact.

Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Sahani Nimandra

Yolimari wrote: 24 May 2018, 02:09 This book and the series it belongs to has great ratings. I am glad you liked it that much too. I wanted to read it because it sounds quite intriguing but the themes of murder and abuse make me anxious. Perhaps I will read it in the future.

I like that your review is analytical. I agree that situations like the one your ex-manager went through as a child have a psychological impact.

Thanks for the review!
I'm glad you found my review interesting, it means a lot coming from you. Thank you for commenting!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I also found this book fast-paced and exciting. You are right, psychological trauma can have far-reaching consequences. I hope your ex-manager was able to heal. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra

Cotwani wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 15:47 I also found this book fast-paced and exciting. You are right, psychological trauma can have far-reaching consequences. I hope your ex-manager was able to heal. Great review!
Thank you for your thought! Yes, she did. :tiphat:
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

This book seems to have the insights relevant to our common grounds in the world of HR. Other people have work and non-work stories that we may or may not know about yet could have implications and effects on their (and our own) everyday personal lives and career. Of course, we would only deal with what we should and could. Indeed, a positive working environment makes a difference. Thank you for your informative review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sahani Nimandra

Espie wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 04:19 This book seems to have the insights relevant to our common grounds in the world of HR. Other people have work and non-work stories that we may or may not know about yet could have implications and effects on their (and our own) everyday personal lives and career. Of course, we would only deal with what we should and could. Indeed, a positive working environment makes a difference. Thank you for your informative review.
Thank you acknowledging my work, dear!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”