Review by Espie -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Review by Espie -- Trip to Adele

Post by cindyr2416 »

Good review. I enjoy reading stories where there are several couples or people that have some connection. There is always something to learn from other people’s experiences. I looking forward to reading this book.
1414kings
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 75

Post by 1414kings »

Our mindset matters in the stages of life. Some adhere to the rules of nature, while others does not. In all, persistence in your own way of life may at the end make or destroy.

Thanks for the great review.

Kingsley B
DrexelWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by DrexelWorld »

Interesting story specifically when music is the drive of it I mean creating beauty with Sound I know how I take my time to create that and the way it changes people emotions I like how it was used here different culture and religion but narrow down to the path of bringing people together . Gosh I want a song being played at the background when I'm proposing to my girlfriend it gon' be lovely ain't gonna forget that day it's gon be like a tattoo on my soul. Can't wait to continue reading this awesome book cos it's boosting my passion for music and romance lol
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

I'm not a fan of Adele, but I do appreciate $ so I don't mind reading this one. actually the very first book I've added on my library after joining OBC, I like the three stories and how they showed that despite differences, there will always be a common ground to stand on. excellent review!
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

I have had the desire to read this book for so long. The Islamic groups of people who enjoy Adele's music from different parts of the world want to take a trip to Rome for the diva's concert. Their backgrounds and experience make for an interesting read.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Thanks for the great review. Very thorough. This sounds like a great fit for fans of literary fiction and Adele’s music. I like the idea of these different characters from different cultures and different backgrounds all intersecting with this one goal. Of course I mean seeing Adele. I think that the addition of the song lyrics is a terrific idea to add that extra something to the reading experience.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

You're review is detailed and insightful, you covered all the important details in the book. I might just give it a try. Thanks for the review.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this was an interesting story about people's journeys to go and enjoy Adele's music. This story weaves in characters that are from the Middle East and North Africa and shows that even individuals are from different areas can come together to listen to music. Well Done.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I greatly enjoyed this book. The authors admit to being Adele fans; I am amazed at how they were able to weave her songs into the stories and make both more moving.

The book was initially banned because the agents of Adele didn't give their imprimatur to the use of her name and songs. I am glad that they have reversed their decision. This book is a singular honor to bestow upon Adele. She is an exceptional artist, and the authors are wonderful writers (and adoring fans, too).
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

I am not sure about this book. I guess some people might like it but it's not my cup of tea. Of course, this is a matter of taste. thank you for your honest review.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like your review and I am glad that you have had such an insight while reading this book. It is always good when someone of one faith comes to understand the faith of another. I also like that this story features strong female characters who defy the expectations of both society and their religions. I am glad that the grammatical errors did not take away from your enjoyment of this novel.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

This one doesn't jump out at me, and it is probably because I am not a fan of Adele. I would pass on this one. Thanks for your review.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Very good review. I was a bit confused as to where the book was going just by reading the sample. Your put it into perspective about what the Adele concept was all about. Thank you.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I think that it's interesting that these people were influenced by Adele's music. Amazing. Great review.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Caleb21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Caleb21 »

Three people going on a trip.Thought the book would be all about Adele life,like her upbringing and so on.The uniqueness makes me want to read again and again.

Really interesting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”