Review by Espie -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Re: Review by Espie -- Trip to Adele

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds really unique and different. I like the cultural influences and the interesting connection each character has to Adele’s music. Great review!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Momiji1987 wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 17:25 This book sounds really unique and different. I like the cultural influences and the interesting connection each character has to Adele’s music. Great review!
Indeed. There are unique styles and touches in the book that I haven't encountered before, especially how the characters' thoughts and lives allude to Adele's pieces. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

Espie, this book certainly can't be judged by its cover or name, both of which are not appealing to me. Your review of Trip to Adele indicates an engaging plot with colourful and warm characters that would make a riveting narrative. Thanks for a great review.
Espie

Post by Espie »

Bookmermaid wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 14:02 Espie, this book certainly can't be judged by its cover or name, both of which are not appealing to me. Your review of Trip to Adele indicates an engaging plot with colourful and warm characters that would make a riveting narrative. Thanks for a great review.
I agree with you that the book goes beyond the mere superficial and should also appeal even to (my favourite artist's) non-fans who, like you, are open-minded and curious enough to dig deeper and appreciate pieces despite initial impressions and usual preconceived notions.

Thank you, Bookmermaid, for your honest yet thoughtful comment.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Finally I have understood the book. I kept wondering about how going to the Adele concert solves the characters' problems. You have explained it so well in this enlightening review. Thanks!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I'm glad this book gave you insight into another culture and religion. That's a great thing about books, and I guess the music of world-famous singers can be a unifying force too.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Espie wrote: 09 May 2018, 07:36 Respect is not just a mere word but a potent catalyst for amiable, productive, cooperative relationships and interactions; I just had to set aside my preconceived notions, natural biased tendencies, and deep-seated prejudices acquired throughout the earliest parts of my existence.
This is such a great attitude to have towards ideas that challenge our owns or that are simply different, and I´m glad you had an open mind and were able to enjoy the book. Your enthusiasm shines through your review and, being an Adele fan myself, I can´t wait to read this one! I also love how the power of art (music, in this case) can join people from such different backgrounds.
A very moving and honest review, thank you.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thank you for your detailed review. I too read this book and enjoyed it. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I think this book has appealed to people who are not Adele fans
Espie

Post by Espie »

Cotwani wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 23:39 Finally I have understood the book. I kept wondering about how going to the Adele concert solves the characters' problems. You have explained it so well in this enlightening review. Thanks!
It takes an open mind to appreciate the piece, indeed. Thank you for your constructive feedback, Cotwani.
Espie

Post by Espie »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 04:24 I'm glad this book gave you insight into another culture and religion. That's a great thing about books, and I guess the music of world-famous singers can be a unifying force too.
It indeed widened my perceptual horizons and made me understand and respect other's beliefs more. I also agree that, with an open mind and willingness to momentarily step out of one's comfort zone, a non-Adele fan could also appreciate the book's worth and significance. Thank you for going out of your way and for sharing your positive thoughts.
Espie

Post by Espie »

Lunastella wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 09:47
Espie wrote: 09 May 2018, 07:36 Respect is not just a mere word but a potent catalyst for amiable, productive, cooperative relationships and interactions; I just had to set aside my preconceived notions, natural biased tendencies, and deep-seated prejudices acquired throughout the earliest parts of my existence.
This is such a great attitude to have towards ideas that challenge our owns or that are simply different, and I´m glad you had an open mind and were able to enjoy the book. Your enthusiasm shines through your review and, being an Adele fan myself, I can´t wait to read this one! I also love how the power of art (music, in this case) can join people from such different backgrounds.
A very moving and honest review, thank you.
Wow! It's great to know that we have another common ground. I agree that achieving peace and harmony in our world entails respecting the differences, utilising them to complement each other like individual yet still important pieces of a gigantic jigsaw puzzle, looking for the similarities, and achieving mutually-beneficial ends. Thank you for taking the time and exerting the effort to address all of that and for sharing your constructive pieces of thoughts.
Espie

Post by Espie »

trajoe1206 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 18:33 Thank you for your detailed review. I too read this book and enjoyed it. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I think this book has appealed to people who are not Adele fans
The book was a worthwhile and enlightening read. It's good to know that you also found its worth and significance. I, too, agree that non-fans could indeed find value in the piece especially with an open mind and willingness to step out of one's comfort zone if need be. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

I'm also a big fan of Adele. The lyrics of her songs are always amazing. As you said in the review that this is not a biography of Adele but the story of three groups who are influenced by the songs of Adele. But still I would love to explore anything related to Adele and if I get the opportunity I will also review this book. Thanks for your detailed review. I wish you good luck.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Espie

Post by Espie »

Sunnyroyish wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 00:41 I'm also a big fan of Adele. The lyrics of her songs are always amazing. As you said in the review that this is not a biography of Adele but the story of three groups who are influenced by the songs of Adele. But still I would love to explore anything related to Adele and if I get the opportunity I will also review this book. Thanks for your detailed review. I wish you good luck.
It's great to know that we're fans of the same famous artist. My husband, our two sons, and I even went to Adele's concert here in Adelaide and it was one of the most memorable moments of our family life. The author had a unique way of storytelling that I've never found in a book like this before. I hoped to find value in the piece, and it was good that I didn't get disappointed. All the best to your reading plan. Thank you for dropping by and for sharing your positive thoughts.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Seems like the characters definitely bring this story alive. I have heard so much about this read. Different reviews inspire the reader to view this book under a different light. I'm loving the idea of that. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”