Review by Samanthajayne12 -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Samanthajayne12 -- Trip to Adele

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Trip to Adele is a story about three individuals who all have the same desire to go to an Adele concert, the first tour that she has done since 2011. Written by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer, Trip to Adele is about love, relationships, freedom and family devotion.

Yaser is looking to revive love and fond memories with his wife Mariam as they struggle to continue in their relationship. Elias is on the hunt for his lost love from Marrakesh and Nadia wants to go on the trip of a lifetime with her son for the opportunity to see his favourite singer perform live in Verona.

Each story had an unexpected twist. We follow each of them through their quests to find love and freedom and see how they overcome their obstacles and emotions on their journey to get to Verona and fix their relationships. We feel all of their emotions and are hoping that they make it through their difficulties to get want they want.

My favourite story was the one about Elias. I enjoyed following him on his adventures through Marrakesh and El-Fnaa Square to find his Malika. The details told of the people and the location made me feel like I was actually there. I could picture everything vividly.

I enjoyed that at the end of each chapter, there was a quote from an Adele song that fit perfectly with the scene that just occurred. I found that I was trying to read the quotes the way they are sung and could imagine Adele singing each one.

I felt that the book ended quite abruptly. I was really getting into the story and the characters and what was happening to them. And then it ended. I wanted the stories to keep going and have a happy ending the way I imagined and it didn’t exactly happen that way. I was glad to see that the authors did explain a little bit about what happened next for each character, but it was not the ending that I had expected and hoped for.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The ending was a little disappointing and although I found the piece was generally very well written, I did find some minor errors along the way. I really enjoyed the character development and I felt that I could connect with and understand each character individually. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance, the ups and downs of relationships and Adele!

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Samanthajayne12's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”