Review by Erick Bixen -- Becoming the Dragon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Erick Bixen
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 24
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-bixen.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review by Erick Bixen -- Becoming the Dragon

Post by Erick Bixen » 09 May 2018, 03:53

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Becoming the Dragon: The Dragon inside, is the first book in the series by Alex Sapegin. Just from the cover page of this book, readers are in a position to notice that the story is much about the dragons. I know that a good number of Americans are always eager to read books that are written outside the USA so as to find the variation in writing. Well, if you are such a person, then this book could be prescribed for you. I believe it will satisfy your needs. This book is written in Russia, former Soviet Union. The book revolves around the story of Andrei Karimov, who is commonly known as Andy.

Andy’s father works in a research lab. Andy is a young boy who has an array of friends and family to identify with. I liked the author’s creative skills that move his readers from their usual world to the world of Dragons. This land of dragons is endowed with creatures that we have never imagined to exist. The author is keen enough to draw readers deeper into the story by his vivid description.

As I turned over one page after the other, I got more engaged in this book. Andy finds himself in a peculiar world that he has never happened to be in before. He faces slavery, torture and imprisonment. It then dawns on him that he has to work extra hard so as to thrive in this strange land. In a bit to save himself, Andy has to gamble with his dear life. This is something that he could have not have attempted earlier before. This story makes one of its greatest achievements at the point where Andy makes an intricate adventure.

Andy undergoes a lot of suffering and hardship and at time it appears that he is facing hardship in order to pass on. At times, I pitied him to an extent of wanting to save him from the cruel world life in the land of the dragons. In an attempt to ensure that his readers visualize the story, Sapegin ensures that he is so detailed in his writing. The story is then taken to a completely new level at the point where Andy evolves into a dragon. Andy and Karegar form a fine duo and they use their unity to rescue themselves. This book is so much interesting as it is unique. The story attains its peak at the point where Andy develops into a dragon.

I would recommend lovers of fantasy to read this book. It is such a well-cooked story that will definitely hook and intrigue you. Since Becoming the Dragon has met the best standards, I gave it 4 out of 4 stars.

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Erick Bixen's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”