Review by mamalui -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by mamalui -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by mamalui »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tony the Superhero by R. D. Base is an illustrated book for children ages four and younger. It features one little boy named Tony. Who is a boy with extraordinary powers buy loves and enjoys doing ordinary things.

Like most children's books this one is made up of lovely pictures and very bright colours which serve well to capture the attention of any child who loves to read. It is made up of illustrations which represents the fun and wonderful environment surrounding Tony.

The author R. D. Base who is a mother of three does an amazing job creating a character most kids will love and relate to and want to be. By having a character who is extraordinary but enjoys and loves to do ordinary things the author serves to give importance in everyday things that normal children tend to do without the possession of superpowers.

While reading the book with my son, I found that he enjoyed the story because the words were very easy to read. The story captures the readers imagination through Tony's everyday fun adventures. The vibrant colours were very entertaining and also played a huge part in spicing up the book.

The writing was good and on point. The character interesting enough to get the imagination of any child going. The plot was fast and the overall reading experience a lot of fun. The illustration style was very good also. The thing I might have noticed was missing is perhaps humour which is always the best way to have a child easily remember the plot of the book for a long time after reading it. And a bad guy to defeat or a saving the day kind of adventure would have gone a long way in making the story much more interesting to read. I found it to be too short as well. But apart from these factors it was an enjoyable book any child of the specified age would love.

I give the book a 4 out of 4 stars because there were no errors. The ending was good and on point even though the book is a part of a series I found this one to be nice and I cant wait to get my hands on the other books in the series and get the chance to read them with my son. I recommend it to parents of early readers as it is very essential in teaching a child how to mouth the words correctly. And also recommend it to those people who are children at heart and like simple stories with superheroes in them.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like mamalui's review? Post a comment saying so!
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I agree the book is very to the point. Apart from this the Colorful illustrations and positive message makes this book a worthy read. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Thanks for reading the review Sarah.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
sweetlife Matthew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sweetlife Matthew »

I must agree this book is very inspiring.And am so glad reading it

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”