Review by mtsnel006 -- Unveil your Intimate Self

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
mtsnel006
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Henrietha: Waiting for the World to Change book 2 by Joyce M. Johnson

Review by mtsnel006 -- Unveil your Intimate Self

Post by mtsnel006 » 05 May 2018, 03:20

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unveil your Intimate Self" by Elena Georgiadou.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unveil Your Intimate Self is a self-help book written by Elena Georgiadou, an author who specialized in personal transformation and in the new definition of health that embraces body, mind and spirit. Having journeyed to many countries around the world, exploring nature, religions and cultures, she wrote this book from a philosophical point of view. She poses thought-provoking questions and seeks to answer them through the use of esoteric concepts such as consciousness, the Self, and enlightenment. Elena Georgiadou teaches readers profound life skills such as meditation, creating healthy relationships, and managing stress.

The author gave up her comfort zone and embarked on a spiritual journey to find answers to
who she is, why she was born and what is the purpose of life in such a world full of violence, destruction and conflict in our relationships and societies as a whole. She successfully found the answers to these questions and even more answers to questions unasked. I found this to be profound, since she did not wait for someone to spoon-feed her responses to her queries, but rather went out into the big wide world and did it herself. This is inspirational and it is what I liked the most about the book content, and the author.

I also liked that the author featured the knowledge and quotes of some spiritual teachers such as Mahatma Gandhi and Deepak Chopra. This shows that early researches and discoveries on the field of spirituality and philosophy were appreciated and considered to be relevant in today’s time. The author also quoted some biblical Scriptures, and also featured the quotes of Buddha. However, these religious texts were used very lightly, and no religion was endorsed or undermined. The book lacked grammatical blunders, hence making it easy for the reader to explore it.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. However, what irritated me was that the name of the publishing company that published the book appeared across every page of the book, in light but large fonts. I found this to be really exasperating because that made the pages look more complex to read. Apart from this, I have no other complaint about the book. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally edited but the appearance of the name of the publishing company was annoying to the sense that a star had to subtracted for that.

I highly recommend the book to everyone, especially those with inquisitive minds. Persons not subscribed to any religion may not be offended when reading Unveil Your Intimate Self, since religious texts and beliefs featured in the book were not emphasised.

Editor's Note: The watermark noted by the reviewer only appears in the special review copy that reviewer received for review and not in the actual book.
Unveil your Intimate Self
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like mtsnel006's review? Post a comment saying so!
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.

Mtsweni Nelsy
2017 Reading Goal: 24
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy » 14 Jun 2018, 14:44

There is definitely a lot to be learnt from the book. This self-help book seems to be different to the most. This differs in the sense that the author guides one as though he or she was there with them. Thanks for the review.

sanjus
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus » 20 Aug 2018, 03:55

Thanks for review of this good book which is helpful in self transformation of the reader. The content collected to make this book is from many parts of the world. I think i should read this book soon.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”