Review by cpru68 -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Re: Review by cpru68 -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

Post by inaramid »

Well, I'm not American, but I find an interesting parallel in the problems plaguing American politics to what I'm seeing around me. (Not that I'm well-versed about these topics. I rarely follow the news nowadays.) I find the concept of the "silent majority" fascinating, and I'm more amazed that the author actually quantified the number and provided a concrete estimate. (I mean, I'd like to find out whether this "majority" also exists around me because the number of political extremists is just so disheartening. But maybe that's just in social media. Or at least, I hope that's just in social media.) Anyway, thanks for this review! Got a lot of things to think about now.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

inaramid wrote: 23 May 2018, 22:15 Well, I'm not American, but I find an interesting parallel in the problems plaguing American politics to what I'm seeing around me. (Not that I'm well-versed about these topics. I rarely follow the news nowadays.) I find the concept of the "silent majority" fascinating, and I'm more amazed that the author actually quantified the number and provided a concrete estimate. (I mean, I'd like to find out whether this "majority" also exists around me because the number of political extremists is just so disheartening. But maybe that's just in social media. Or at least, I hope that's just in social media.) Anyway, thanks for this review! Got a lot of things to think about now.
When the author mentioned 40 percent, I could not believe my eyes! I think the media and both parties ignore it or ridicule it because it is a frightening thought. Since reading the book, I find myself wondering what is going to produce the spark that gets this revolution going? If the number is that high, and the grumbles are that loud, then eventually we should see it happen. Thank you for reading my review. It’s a book that will really make you rethink what you know!
Everything happens for a reason...
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Thanks for this well written review. Details which are provided in the book are eye opening for many Americans. Nice job.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”