Review by courtcrawfish -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
courtcrawfish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtcrawfish.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by courtcrawfish -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by courtcrawfish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Toni The Superhero, written by R.D. Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefke, follows a young boy around in his day to day life telling you about all the things he likes to do. The book tells of things he likes to do outside, things he likes to do with his friends, and things he likes to do at home. Each time you turn the page you see the main character doing something he likes. Sometimes he's dressed as a superhero and on other pages he's dressed like a normal boy.

One of the main things I like about this book was how simple it was. The pages were all beautifully illustrated with lots of color. These are things that I look for when looking at children's books. I didn't find anything I didn't like about this book. The amount of pages wasn't so long that a child would stop paying attention, but it wasn't too short either. All of the illustrations were simple enough with just the right amount of detail.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My reason for this is that overall I feel the author succeeded in writing a children's book that meets all the criteria of parents that I know, including myself. The illustrations, the simplicity, the amount of pages, and the story line were all perfect for a children's book.

In my opinion, this book would appeal to parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/etc. Anyone who had a small child to read to would consider this book to read to and with their little ones. The many objects that are illustrated in the pages would be perfect conversation starters. This book could prompt children to tell their parents or relatives all about the things they like to do just like the main character does. I don't think this book would appeal to older children due to the length and the lack of challenging material. Young adults without children probably wouldn't have much interest in this book either for those same reasons.

To wrap it all up, Toni The Superhero was a great book. I enjoyed reading it. Our daughter will be here September of 2018 and we are already reading to her. I loved practicing reading with her as I read this book. I'm always looking for books to add to my list of books to buy when she's here and this book will be one of them.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like courtcrawfish's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”