Review by Corhan2 -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by Corhan2 -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Corhan2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Akira and Devon meets on the Merry Mermaid (previously The Starfish) cruise liner. Akira, a trained assassin, was on the ship under the pretence that she travels with her father, Takashi Hamada. Akira’s assignment was to find and kill the person who murdered Keiko Mitsui. Devon was travelling with his uncle Paul Lyons and Paul's second wife Sara Lyons. According to Akira’s information, Paul and Sara, or at least one of them was involved in the murder of Keiko. It was Akira’s intention to use Devon to get close to Paul & Sara to try and ascertain whom the murderer was. Akira and Devon have a connection with each other and then a very steamy, erotic and passionate love affair follows. Akira finds herself in a dilemma because of her feelings for Devon. She must tell Devon the truth about her past but could not find the right time to do so.

When people start to die and disappear from this ship, it leaves Akira to wonder what is happening, as she is not responsible for these incidents. Then she discovers that somebody from her past, Yuki, boarded the ship without her knowledge. From there a lot of action and interesting twists follow.

What I liked about this book is that there are a lot of colourful characters, each with their own story line, making this an interesting, captivating and complex book to read. The main characters are all credible and interesting and I could emotionally connect with each of them. I also feel that the main characters developed well towards the end of the book.

I personally did not like the erotic, explicit and steamy descriptions of the love scenes. At some stage it did feel as if the story is not progressing as it should and maybe the focus was too much on the love scenes. That said, the story still had me intrigued and entertained until the end.

Although Twisted - Threads is the last in the Threads series, it works well as a standalone. If you love romantic suspense, this is a definite must for you. In the end, the setting, plot and characters worked well together to create a captivating story and had me turning the pages.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it was well edited as I did not find any errors in it. I truly enjoyed reading the book.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Corhan2's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I read this book a while back, and I am glad you enjoyed it, as personally I did not like this very much due to the various problematic characters such as Devon and Akira (which I brought up in my own review of this book) - I would definitely like to hear your opinion on their portrayal. Thank you for the detailed review!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I like good character development and a twisty plot, but I'm not into vivid sex scenes. Thanks for the warning.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

i had read the others review on this as well and found yours also useful, i feel this book also a suspense thriller plot
and in this Akira is a trained assassin
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”