Review by Argelia11 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Argelia11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-argelia11.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Argelia11 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Argelia11 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the superhero is a very good book for young kids. I couldn't believe that a five minutes book could bring so much fun with so many different activities to achieve while reading it. Just by opening the book and looking to the bright illustrations my kids started to have fun with it.

Kids are used to superheroes with super powers. But Toni is a normal boy with normal situations as every other kid. The colors, the drawings and the simple sentences brought fun for all my 3 kids. And I had the feeling of giving my kids a lot of brain exercise in just five minutes. The special part of the book was that my son is named Toni. Using normal names gave the kids the sense of real life but with the mix of phantasy they all alway seek.

Every kid dreams to have super powers. They dream about special situations that could help them feel greater. But Toni teaches them that every kid can be a superhero without having those special super powers. Toni teaches through the book that superheroes live among us and are distinguis due to all the help they can give around the house or in any other activity that any other child has access to everyday. Being a superhero who can use the super powers without hiding that amazing hability is an interesting new dynamic for the kids.

The author knows very well how to get young children attention. Even it might look like a 5 minutes story for grown ups, it offers a lot of possibilities for young children. The author chose bright colors with large illustrations which helps kids to develop their visual habilities, but also the short sentences are a very good help for kids who are starting to read. It motivates them when they are able to read all the sentences which are written using simple words. Toni the superhero has normal chores like every other kids. That helps kids to know that everybody has responsibilities, even super heroes.

I definitely rate Toni the superhero with 4 out of 4 stars. My kids had a lot of fun while reading it. It helped to reinforce colors, vocabulary, body parts, verbs, likes and dislikes, question forms, together with awakening helpful skills. Toni the superhero has a lot to offer with a little bit of imagination. A very good book when travel by car or by plane.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Argelia11's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

As you have said about the time for the completion of the book, Toni the Superhero is five minutes only. I will surely read it. Thanks for your helping review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”