Review by heidifinger -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
heidifinger
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Favorite Book: The Expected One
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidifinger.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by heidifinger -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by heidifinger » 02 May 2018, 16:15

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman - I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars

Superhighway is the first book of a trilogy. It is a fast paced sci-fi book with a strong vocabulary. The main character is an orphaned young man, Alexander Fine, with an extraordinary gift. He can transport himself through the web. He was named after the orphanage’s head administrator’s recently deceased husband. Ms. Jenkins husband was killed in a drive by shooting 3 days before newborn Alex was brought to the orphanage. She called the baby Alex and consoled him by saying, “Little Alex, you’re fine, you’re fine,” coming up with the name, Alexander Fine.

Alex was bounced around to a few foster homes. His first glimpse of a computer and the internet were at the Collin’s house in the forbidden office. On the day of his first birthday party ever, Alex secretly went online while Mr. and Mrs. Collins argued in the other room. For the next 5 months, the rest of his stay at the Collin’s, he snuck into the office about 3 nights a week. When they took him back to the orphanage, he was more distraught about not being able to get on a computer than losing a family.

Later on when Alex was 18, still living in the orphanage, the library was changed to a computer lab. The very first night using the computer lab Alex held the internet cable and was mysteriously transported to Hawaii where he met Eva. This was the beginning of his travels. He went to various locations from Hawaii to Amsterdam, Switzerland, St. Lucia, and back to LA.

It was thrilling reading of Alex’s adventures to different lands in such a short period of time. He grew from a child to a young adult, exploring his relationship with women. I was on the edge of my seat going through his reckless experiences with the human trafficker Henry Langhout, love interest Anna, and creating Swiss bank accounts with dirty money.

The story took a surprising twist when Alex met Mr. Wright and his twin grandchildren in Miami. Mr. Wright told him of the government experiment his father, David Knox, was involved in. Alex took this information to research his father for himself with the CIA information he had obtained while transporting in the web. Alex wanted to avenge his father’s and his father’s family’s death. He was going after Lehmans just as his father did.

The only thing I did not like about this book was the ending. I didn’t know it was the ending. I was reading and suddenly there were no pages left. There was no answer to the questions Alex or I had. But, I understand this is a trilogy, I just wish it wasn’t left so open at the end.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I am sure to recommend it as well as go on to read the second book of the trilogy. It was very well written and easy to follow Alex through all his paths across the planet. I am excited to see what other adventures are to come and how he resolves the issues he has already made for himself.

~heidifinger

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like heidifinger's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”