Review by KasieMiehlke -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KasieMiehlke
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 26
2017 Reading Goal: 150
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 14
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Review by KasieMiehlke -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway 2" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alex Fine’s story continues where we last saw him. He has robbed a Russian millionaire and has hacked countless files. He hopes to escape his past by creating a new life. This new life is filled with drugs and alcohol. He eventually sobers up after more than a decade of hard living, but he has to go on the run again. The choices he made in the past are creating a rift and the fate of mankind is on the line. Will he use his ability for good or is it too late to fix the past?

Alex Fayman continues Alex's story from where the last book ended. There are appearances from past characters, such as Ms. Jenkins, Angela, and Nicky. The author adds a little more depth to some of the characters while leaving out details of some of the newer characters. I would have liked a little more detail about Yana. Fayman continued to write Alex with a teenage mindset for a majority of the book, which was disappointing. There wasn’t much character growth or development throughout this book.

The way that time flows is extremely hard to follow. Twelve years pass in a few pages while an hour seems to drag on for chapters. At one point when Alex is in recovery, Fayman makes it seem like months only later to revel that it was years. It seems like some of the important information was forgotten in those sections as well.

There were quite a few more grammatical errors in this book than the first one. At one point on the same page Nicky’s name is spelled two different ways. There were improper uses of contractions and missing words throughout the entire book. This made it very difficult for me to read.

I give Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman 2 out of 4 stars. After the first book, I was expecting a great follow up, but I was disappointed. The author ends the book abruptly leaving quite a few questions remaining. This mixed with the lack of character growth and abundance of errors lead it to a lower ranking than what was originally thought. There needs to be some additional editing and if there is a third installment I will pick it up hoping to answer the lingering questions. I recommend this book only to people who have read the first one and have some questions remaining.

Superhighway 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KasieMiehlke's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”