Review by straty45 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
straty45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-straty45.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by straty45 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by straty45 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

April 30,2018

Subject: Book review for Online Book Club by Yuwel Stratman

Book Title: Toni the Superhero
Author: R.D. Base
Illustrated by: Debbie Hefke

Toni the Superhero book is a children's book 30 pages long. The book and its illustrations are dedicated to the younger readers especially children preschool age and under.

Language used in the book is very simple, each page has one line, and has a very colorful and bright illustrated picture showing what the language on the page is doing. This type of format makes it easy for the preschool child and under to understand and comprehend what the story it's all about.

The book is very well written and I did not find any language or grammar errors. The illustrations are very colorful and artistic which help make it easy for the young reader to follow along and keep their interest. However, there is still room for some improvement in the chronological order of the pages, I believe that the storyline would be better understood if page 30 was somewhere in the front of the book instead of the last page, perhaps page number 3.

The illustrations done by the Illustrator in this book are beautiful done, very simple and colorful, but I think that the child's attention would be better if the Illustrator would use more than just a few primary colors repeatedly throughout the book. I understand that this book is design for the preschool child and the basic primary colors are what they are learning at this age group, but a few more different primary colors would not hurt the books attractiveness to the child.

With this in mind I would still give this book a 4 out of 4 because of the authors ability to reach the younger readers and keeping them interested and engaged in reading without overwhelming them.

I got the impression from the author that there will be several other books in the series of Tony the Superhero, and I am looking forward to see what his next adventure will be . I am curious to know who Tony the Superhero’s friends will be and if they too have extraordinary superpowers. I am definitely looking forward to reading future books from this author.

I wish I had more to say about this book but the book itself is only 30 pages and approximately 120 ish words. I as a reviewer of this book have actually written more words then the author has in the book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like straty45's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”