Review by See_B00kReaDs -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
See_B00kReaDs
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by See_B00kReaDs -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by See_B00kReaDs » 30 Apr 2018, 08:09

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you want to lose weight? Live healthier and longer? Do you have any health related problems? Dr. Morton E. Tavel wrote a self-help book called Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks to instruct people in health related matters. As a physician, he also wants to uncover the truth and clarify the issues behind the myths and scams circulating in the media.

The book presents one topic per chapter for a total of 62 chapters. It is mainly divided into three sections: Tips, myths and tricks. Health and wellness tips cover general topics about health. The topic I like most is the list of healthy and unhealthy foods and drinks. The author presented a comprehensive list of food and drinks including the vitamins, benefits and diseases that can occur.

The second section is about health myths. He proposed an explanation of the unscientific health claims or theories that are frequently misinterpreted. Some topics are food radiation, energy drinks, raw milk, use of bottled water, stretching before exercise, use between paper towels and blow-drying of hands.

Lastly, the third section focuses on health tricks or the medical scams. These are fraudulent medical practices or alternative treatments advertised by celebrities or even doctors. Although results are still uncertain on the side-effects, they still positively promote these products and treatments to earn profit.

The book is certainly informative and educational. It is supported with references of research studies including real-life situations. The author added his own conclusion or insights at the end of each chapter. The book is easy to understand even for those with no medical background. Although the book is informative, research studies were done in a certain period. I think there should be an updated version in the upcoming years.

Personally, I want to urge readers to take time to appreciate and heed the advice given in the book. It is not a novel where you can enjoy and finish reading in one sitting. The most essential thing is applying the lessons we learned from the author. Eventually, once we commit ourselves into a healthy lifestyle, it will become a regular habit.

Overall, I will give Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks 4 out of 4 stars for an in-depth researched and information provided. After reading the book, I am now more determined and motivated to start living healthier. I would like to recommend this book to those who are health conscious or those who have the desire and the need to start living healthier. I hope everyone will read the book since our health is important. As Josh Billings said, “Health is like money. We never have a true idea of its value until we lose it." Thus, let us take care of our health because we have only one life to live, indeed “Health is wealth.”

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like See_B00kReaDs's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D

Anthony__
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Anthony__ » 18 Jan 2019, 08:40

Even me, when I finished reading this book, I became more careful with what I eat and drink.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”