Review by AcBoka -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AcBoka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acboka.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by AcBoka -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by AcBoka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero is a book for kids written by R.D. Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefke. It is intended for kids aged 0 to 4.
R.D. Base is a mother of three boys from Maryland and she has dedicated this book to her family.

The book is about boy called Toni. Toni wears blue superhero suit, yellow eye mask, a red cape and he can fly. Toni is a real superhero with real superpowers. But what this superhero does when he is not saving the world? That is the question this book answers.
Toni likes to do a lot of things like drawing, swimming, running and sleeping.

We live in a world of technology and these days kids are getting familiar with it at very young age. That is one of the main reasons there are fewer kids playing outside. So parents should teach their kids differently and they should start doing so as soon as possible. I recommend this book to start with.
Books written for kids should be colorful, interesting, short and educational. This one has it all.
Its main character is a superhero boy. Who doesn't like superheroes? I know kids adore them.
Illustrations are a major part of this book. They are very detailed and interesting, and colors are vivid which is very important for this kind of books because it holds kids attention. Sentences are short and simple and you can use them and the illustrations to teach your kid some new words. This book is also educational. It shows kids that the things like rescuing animals are good and it animates them to do some fun stuff, to sing and dance or to play with friends. It, also, gives kids someone to look up to, and in that way, it is possible to influence them. If you make the kid believe that reading is interesting or that drawing is easy, or if you show the kid that swimming and running are fun, the kid would want to do all of that. You have to make things interesting for kids to love them and choose to do it than rather, for example, watch a TV.

I like this book because it is perfect for kids. It is simple and fun, but, more importantly, educative. Toni is a good role model for kids because he can teach them a lot. For example, he likes to dust and sweep, meaning he likes to work and illustrations show that he is really enjoying it. Toni likes to eat, you can see a lot of healthy food around him on illustrations and he seems happy about it. All of this sends a message to kids. If their superhero likes all of that they will love it too. That's called positive influence, and that's why I love this book.

To conclude, this is the kind of book I would recommend to every parent to read it to his kid. I know I would, and that's why I give it 4 out of 4 stars.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like AcBoka's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”