Review by Cristal2408 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristal2408
Favorite Book: Magic Shifts
Currently Reading: El honor perdido de Katharina Blum
Bookshelf Size: 463
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristal2408.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Review by Cristal2408 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Cristal2408 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero is a children’s book written by R. D. Base, and it is the first in a series. According to the information given, the author is a woman who started writing books with the purpose of helping her children how to read. The book is made with the intention of giving a child enough confidence to start reading more complex things and to develop a love of reading. It worked with the author’s children so hopefully, it will happen with other children as well. 

This is a short but entertaining book. I felt entertained and wanted it to last a little longer. Still, its length is well suited for small children. In the book, we get an introduction to the series which features Toni’s adventures as a world-saving superhero. But in the text, we get to know Toni as a common boy. He is a child who likes to do ethically, socially and morally correct things even if the activities are mundane. The message is great as it tries to influence young readers to be the best versions of themselves. It is also, very easy to read, easy to understand and gives the message correctly in the best of ways.

The book makes good use of all its resources which is great. Even the family-oriented dedication helps jumpstart the happy and inspirational mood of the text. This also attracts the parents who are buying because they will feel identified by the dedication. I really loved how the text makes use of persuasive languages like anaphora and chiasmus to make reading more fluid for the child.

It also helps promote racial acceptance as not all books feature a non-white person as a book protagonist. This is a book meant to be read with parents, so it also promotes bonding. Also, the way it is written will most likely to make children interested in literature. Nevertheless, it has some room for improvement as it is only meant for very small children and I think the audience could be broadened a little. There could be more parent figures present in the drawings, too. 

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My reasoning for this is because I consider it a perfect first read for small children as it is attractive, entertaining and persuasive. It is a book I would recommend to young parents to help develop reading skills on children.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Cristal2408's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”