Review by Xan Paragon -- Becoming the Dragon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by Xan Paragon -- Becoming the Dragon

Post by Alex Hughes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alex Sapegin is a sci-fi and fantasy author who lives in the far-away and cold Russian eastern city of Khabarovsk in Russia with his wife, two kids. He is the The author of the action-packed fantasy series The Dragon Inside. Becoming the dragon by Alex Sapegin is a fiction childrens book with lots of portal traveling, bodily transformations, reincarnation, and epic combats.

Author Alex tells the story of Andrew, a normal small town teen, survived being hit by lightning when he was sixteen-year-old. He isn’t so normal after his accident two years prior. The electrifying accident leaves him with immunity to electronic devices and gave him dormant magical powers. He hasn’t really felt himself, and fate is about to make that even worse as he accidentally walks into a lab experiment, and suddenly finds himself teleported to another planet which is inhabited by both human and supernatural beings. An entirely different world but even in this new world, he’s unique.

But Andy seems to be cursed for accident or rather blessed; As soon as he arrives to the fairytale world of Ilanta, Andy gets no cordial welcome, he accidentally frees Karegar the Dragon, who would later become his mentor and foster father, then gets captured and enslaved.

When fatally wounded, he chooses to undergo an ancient ritual to be reborn as a dragon, aka a Master of Heaven. He has a long way to go if he wants to master his new powers, not to mention his new body. He made new loyal friends and bitter enemies, going through fire and ice, defending the just, and saving the weak, taking them under his wing. Little does he know that he is destined to play a major part in an epic war soon to break out where the future of the two planets, as well as his now-faraway home-planet; Earth, would be at stake.

I must say this is an interesting book, it’s a story of discovering and reclaiming one’s true self. It was obvious right from the get-go that destiny has something unique in store for Andy Kerimov. I had some difficulties reading it because the writing was very choppy and had little flow with many repetitive sentences as well as some misspellings and the writing style is uneven. There are also several grammatical errors in the book, including inconsistent or incorrect tenses. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this novel. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Fantasy lovers will thoroughly fall in love with this story. Thanks again to the publisher!

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Xan Paragon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Xancode
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Gosh, he sounds rather accident prone! Thank you for your review.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Whalexzinni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Whalexzinni »

Nice story line and adventure but needs a little more suspense.
raekelly11
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by raekelly11 »

Yes, Andrew does appear to be highly "accident" prone. Is that because his senses were offset and jarred from his being struck by lightening and he now feels no longer that his body is his home? Or is he going through a series of "fates" that are guiding him on a path to his ultimate destiny. The saying "everything happens for a reason" sounds applicable here. I am not sure I would like the choppy style of writing or mistakes in the writing, but the story sounds good and I have always been drawn to dragon lore. Thank you for the review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Andy is a teenager boy in this story who is playing the role of protagonist. He goes out of his real world and enters into a mysterious world due to an accident with lightening encounter. It is an interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”