Review by SparklesonPages -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by SparklesonPages -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by SparklesonPages »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his gripping political-thriller, Van Fleisher challenges us to take a good hard look at an uncomfortable scenario and truly think. Set in a highly probable future, doctor and mathematician Vijay Patel invents groundbreaking technology. His invention has the ability to predict when someone will die within a thirty-day time period. In a society that promotes gun possession, access to this information yields some troubling results. Final Notice follows the journey of several recipients of the invention as they face their fates. While some opt to make peace with themselves or their loved ones, others find their moral convictions weaker than they expected.

Final Notice finds the NRA (National Rifle Association) targeting Seniors to become gun owners by offering discounts specific to that group. I felt that the campaign prayed on the insecurities of Seniors by highlighting their fears and irresponsibly naming gun ownership as the solution. Much like the political atmosphere today, arguments for gun control are passionate by supporters on both side of the issue. Author Van Fleisher gives a good look at both sides of the gun control views.

The intricately designed alternative future provides a great forum for issues of potential gun ownership, and responsible technological development. Is there such a thing as too much information? How should technology be regulated before being released? Is gun ownership the answer to violence or does violence beget more violence? Final Notice will challenge you to truly think about where you stand on these issues.

All of the characters are real and well thought out. Each character is given a distinct journey, offering a multidimensional plot that held my interest. I could feel the author’s passion for the issues addressed. His ability to create a story without a soapbox speech is what I found truly admirable.

I rated Final Notice 3 out of 4 stars. The story is well crafted and entertains as it challenges you to contemplate serious issues. Author Van Fleisher did a monumental job of addressing controversial and very relevant topics in today’s society. Specifically admirable is the fact that these particular topics are ones that people usually tiptoe around yet in the book they are approached head-on and with some humor.

I enjoyed the author’s writing style and character development. I urge people on both sides of gun control and technological advancement issues to read this book. It will make you sit up and take notice and at very least it will make you think.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like SparklesonPages's review? Post a comment saying so!

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like SparklesonPages's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”